In this role you would be required to maintain, nurture and grow current customer accounts. You would also be expected to attract new customers, growing them into long term partners. If you already
manage a network of consumer electronics suppliers and customers you have a head start. The ability to develop relationships, understand customers needs and work well with everyone is essential.
This role will involve regular customer contact.
- Buying Meetings: You will manage a range of existing customers with oversight. This will include preparing written and oral presentations for customers in pre-arranged buying meetings with
international buyers while working closely with our customers merchandising team to ensure our products are as suitable as possible.
- Customer Relationships & Correspondence: Customers merchandising team will constantly ask for updated quotations, spec and new product opportunities. This will be your responsibility and
require your constant attention and oversight to ensure customers requests are met in a timely manner and that all opportunities are utilised.
- Customer Cultivation: You will be expected to start business with new customers, either through utilising your existing customer networks, cold calling/emailing new customers, and being present
at various fairs and conferences where Philex has a presence.
- Negotiation: You will negotiate daily with suppliers and customers.
- Market Research & Analytical Skills: You have to analyse customers websites or stores, to assess what products are right for them. Our online business is also constantly looking for new product
ideas and you would be expected to help identify new products opportunities or strategies, presenting them to buyers and executing them with our suppliers.
- Supplier relationships & Correspondence: Constant contact and good relationships with Philex’s factories and our sub-contractors is essential. You must always ensure we are getting high quality
products at the most competitive prices.
- Product Development: Products will need to be developed for our sister companies and for your customers. You will be expected to assist by coming up with design/product ideas, communicating
design ideas or customer requests to our UK design team and monitoring progress of product development projects with suppliers.
- Good written and spoken English & Mandarin (Cantonese and other languages also desirable).
- Broad experience and interest in consumer electronics is desirable.
- Good supplier and customer base is desirable.
- Great people skills and a great team player.
- Strong work ethic.
- Travel to China on a bi weekly basis and travel to customers where and when required.