The Court Reporting Operations Coordinator will be coordinating vendor scheduling for court reporting and interpretation and managing cases across Asia.
This involves liaison with operations and tech departments within the business, as well as a wide range of freelance providers, allocating people to suitable jobs and keeping all providers updated on schedules as bookings change. The job also involves close liaison with resourcing teams in overseas Epiq offices (primarily Singapore, UK and Australia). The ability to work independently and use initiative are desirable.
The business is fast-paced and requires someone highly organised, with excellent communication and administration skills, and the ability to learn the workings of a niche industry in a short time. Native or near-native English is essential. Chinese language skills and a legal background are useful but not essential.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To schedule resources according to their skill and ensure that all resources are aware of fees to be claimed and equipment required for local jobs.
- To respond promptly to all existing resources enquiries, providing fact sheets and liaising with Operations Managers in Hong Kong and Singapore regarding resource needs.
- To confirm resources and ensure they have all the details prior to the start of the job.
- To oversee the preparation and circulation of weekly schedule
- To be point of contact for out of hours queries, responding to all diary queries and rescheduling diary when necessary
- To oversee remote jobs: confirmation, flights, accommodation, pay and ensure details are available to all resources
- To assist in the recruitment, induction, training, quality control and welfare of all resources; to ensure that all work is delivered in the highest quality in a timely manner.
- To assist in new initiatives and procedures to improve the department
- To keep up with technologies to ensure that the resources are familiar with new developments
- To check and assign fees for the Payroll and reporter queries when possible
- Produce a Summary of Private Diary Work mid-week to update all departments about the expected booking levels for the following week and follow up outstanding quotes from clients
- To respond to clients’ queries, issue quotations and follow through
- To manage cases with transcription and interpretation services and provide ad hoc admin support which includes data entry and billing
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Good attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Ability to work without supervision
- Able to work under strict deadlines and maintain a high standard of accuracy at all times.
- Works effectively as part of a team, recognises areas where support is required and offers assistance
- Is flexible and adaptable in approach (will be required to work outside normal working hours from time to time)
- Creative and self-directed with problem solving skills
- Takes an active role in personal development and frequently reviews individual objectives and attends training sessions as required
- Able to self-motivate and support other team members
- Communicates positively at all levels both internally and externally
- Professionally manages telephone enquiries
- Able to professionally manage workload and conflicting priorities
- Experience in project management, preferably in the transcription, translation or recruiting industry
- Excellent people skills with friendly and motivational communication style
- Adept with new technologies
- Experience managing independent contractors, vendors, volunteers or remote teams