The order manager has the responsibility to manage customer and supplier orders daily. They are the key link in communication with our customers, suppliers, shipping agents and colleagues for order queries.
It is their responsibly that orders are correct and processed and delivered on time.
A strong business acumen, basic accounting skills and the ability to reason through ever changing scenarios are necessities for this position. Taking the initiative, strong math skills, and the ability to anticipate problems before they happen are also essential for success in this position. The candidate must work well with a team of people who are committed to continuing the company's high growth rate.
1) Processing Orders from Customers:
- receive order request and check that it meets requirements (correct product/code/description,
- send order request to suppliers
- receive PI from supplier and check it meets requirements (order request, payment terms,
production lead time, shipment date) and send to customer for processing
- receive confirmed PO from customer and check it meets requirements (PO is signed by
authorized person, has supplier PI reference number)
2) Update Order Status Excel Report with Order Information
3) Shipment of Orders:
- manage consolidated orders
- receive shipping docs (CI, PL, BOL) from supplier and check that all the information matches the
confirmed PO (product items, qty’s, item prices, consignee information, shipment date, deposit
amount and total due)
- send shipping docs to customer and request payment
4) Other Duties:
- send out order status excel report weekly to customer
- send out payment schedule weekly to ensure deposits and BOL payments are
done in time
- update the sanitary ware schedule to ensure suppliers meet requirements and send to suppliers monthly with reviews/comments
- maintain product lists, pricelists, customer and supplier information
- handle any product / order related enquiries received from customers/suppliers/shipping agents
- handle any product claims with suppliers and ensure these are resolved
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles (Quickbooks experience preferred)
- Tech Savvy, comfortable entering and retrieving data on web-portals, etc.
- Excellent math, organization, and time management skills
- Customer service experience with superior phone and email skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, performance based environment
- Proficiency in Mandarin (written and oral)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (tables, pivot tables, formulas)