The job holder will provide classroom and logistic support to the classroom teacher, including classroom preparation, administrative support, chaperone duties and small group instruction, etc.
- Provide general support for students in the classroom and/or educational environment.
- Work alongside teachers in student instructional service in one-on-one or in small learning groups.
- Assist students one-on-one to catch up with unfinished work or where needs extra assistance.
- Model and encourage high standards and expectations of professional conduct all the time.
- Supervise the students at arrival, dismissal, recess, playroom, washroom, etc.
- Supervise classroom independently when teacher’s breaks.
- Keep classrooms, resources and storage area clean and organized, including setting out the toys, learning materials, etc.
- Handle routine classroom administrative duties.
- Implement accommodation as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure safety of the students by implementing, embedding and improving safeguarding procedures at the School.
- Assist in School events.
- Prepare and administer a variety of learning materials, equipment and supplies (e.g. worksheets, handouts, flash cards, charts, laminates, etc.). Help with the creation of displays and resources.
- Assist teachers in observing students’ academic and behavioral performance. Maintain accurate and complete student records, student progress reports, keep track of their progress in all aspects of the curriculum.
- Act as a cooperative team member in working with staff, community and parents. Maintain cooperative working relationship with appropriate confidentiality.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of high school graduate.
- Additional qualifications in early childhood education/Qualified Kindergarten Teacher/Qualified Teacher are desirable.
- Able to show evidence of further professional study in teaching qualification would be ideal.
- Previous classroom experience in working with students is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in an international school and familiarity with North American curriculum is highly preferred.
Skill & Personality:
- Capable of providing strong classroom support.
- Native or near native English speaking ability.
- Commitment to working with students. Passionate in nurturing students with patience care, understanding and empathy. Have a positive and optimistic outlook and warm personality.
- Serve as a positive role model in communication and conduct; pleasant and approachable; respectful and helpful. Excellent interpersonal skills to build a trust relationship with students and parents.
- Ability to manage students effectively. Able to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Around 25 hours per week from 10:30am to 3:30pm.
This is an exciting opportunity which is challenging and full of learning opportunities. Interested parties please apply via our employment webpage at www.ics.edu.hk together with full resume.
We are committed to providing a child safe environment safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo thorough background checks and child protection screening.
All personal data collected will be kept in strict confidence and would only be used for recruitment purpose.