- To complete all work assigned by the management in any section of the kitchen.
- To maintain the high standard of the day to day operations when the Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef is absent.
- To be aware of and adhere to company policies and statutory requirements with regards to health and safety, sanitation, fire procedures.
- To ensure that you report to work on time as per restaurant schedules.
- Report any sickness or absence from work using the correct procedures.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in and around all kitchen work areas. And ensure that all kitchen team clean their stations after every service.
- Maintain high standard of appearance and good personal hygiene and to ensure that all kitchen colleagues maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Report to culinary management any maintenance defects using the correct and proper procedures.
- Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and to instruct this to all kitchen team.
- To work calmly and efficiently while promoting good working relations in the kitchen team.
- To adhere to all standard of food presentation, production, and portioning controls.
- To ensure all food products are stored properly in their appropriate fridges and storage containers shift.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of all food stuffs relating to your work area.
- To ensure good customer relations are maintained all time, in particular when working in the public area.
- Ensure all fridges and food storage area impeccably maintained during service and the all product is properly rotated, dated, and stored at end of you shift.
- To ensure that there is sufficient supply of high quality mise en place for next shift.
- Ensure that and your kitchen associates are properly attired and presentable when in contact with guests.
- Notify kitchen management immediately of any production problems or product shortages before the problem can affect our guest’s experience.
- To be willing to undertake additional duties and responsibilities of work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position.
- Report any questionable product concerns to your supervisor or Sous chef immediately to maximize product utilization and minimize wastage.
- Understand, participate, and encourage staff to save company money and prevent wastage (water, electricity, breakage…etc.).
- Must be able to empower oneself with other colleagues when an issue of poor quality product could affect our guest’s dining experience. Must take appropriate and immediate action to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and take pride in one’s work. This must be reflected in the product produced for our guests to consume.
- Check that all stations are properly set prior to service to ensure a smooth service period (and make the necessary corrections if needed).
- Must demonstrate a professional attitude when dealing with all colleagues and train them to consistently adhere to the quality standards of the restaurant at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate
- 3 to 5 years culinary experience at a luxury hotel or upscale restaurant (1 year of supervisory experience)
- Approved/Recognized food handling/Sanitation Certifiacte
To assist the Head Pastry Chef and Pastry Sous Chef to ensure sufficient and high quality food is prepared and displayed as mandated by the Executive Chef in order to acquire maximum customer satisfaction and profitability.
We offer attractive remuneration package and benefits to the right candidates including competitive salary, allowance, performance bonus, staff discount, birthday leave, annual leave, training and career opportunities etc. Please send your detailed resume together with current and expected salary to Human Resources Department by clicking “Apply Now”.