(Automotive Platforms and Application Systems R&D Centre)
Ref: APAS124/21, 2343/JDB/160421
- Conduct R&D projects in Intelligent systems which utilize Artificial Intelligence techniques, including image processing, machine learning / deep learning, neural networks to conduct analytic works;
- Work closely with supervisor to keep project progress on track to completion. Ensure full compliance with project goals and ITF requirements. Report project progress and issues in timely manner
- Work as researcher and development assistant including support and conduct the development work, collect and analyze data, develop sensors, system modeling and simulation, intelligent control system and algorithm, design testing platform and acceptance criteria as well as prepare proposals and reports
- Engage in partnership with industry partners and Universities
- Assist in organizing and delivering promotional activities related to the projects such as conferences, workshops, technical seminars, etc
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments when required
- Occasional travels to Mainland China or overseas may be required
- Valid holder of Doctorate Degree from disciplines such as Electronic & Information Engineering / Computer Science Engineering / Mechatronics / Automotive Engineering or equivalent
- R&D Experience in conducting research in computer science, IoT, wireless communication, or big data analytics is in advantages
- Experience or knowledge in at least one of the following expertise:
- Build AI models using platforms e.g. cuDNN, TensorRT, C++ programming in Linux, etc
- Hands-on skills of using one of any deep learning framework such as Tensorflow, Caffe, CNTK, Torch, etc
- Internet of Things (IoT) integration and applications
- Strong analytical mind with problem solving skills
- Mature, self-motivated and passionate for R&D
- Good interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Good command of English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Applicants may be considered for other positions if not matching the requirements of the subject position
This is a position funded by the Research Talent Hub Programme under the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) to conduct R&D project from March 2021 to September 2022.
HKPC will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should submit application at the HKPC e-Recruitment System (careers.hkpc.org) within 1 week from the posting date.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by HKPC within 12 months.