About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To act as the representative of the Performance, Reward and Benefits ("PRB") Centre of Expertise, providing expertise, guidance, training and support for business units and HR Managers in the country/region on all aspects of PRB issues.
The Role Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in reward issues and act as a trusted adviser and counsel to the business, HRRMs and Group Reward in these areas in the country / region
- Design/develop/implement country specific policies, processes and documentation to maintain alignment with the current and future Group HR and business strategy and to ensure competitiveness in the market
- Evaluate the performance and effectiveness of reward policies and processes in terms of meeting business requirements in the country / region
- Manage the Performance Pay and Potential Review process within the country / region. Leverage analytical support and deliver business as usual compensation support timely and flawlessly
- Manage compensation and benefits surveys, job matching, and related analysis to support market pricing and job matching exercises
- Provide analysis on market pay trends and compensation and benefits structure
- Review and design of reward policies and programmes
- Manage variable compensation and incentive programmes
- Implement Group PRB initiatives in the country / region
- Development/Implement measures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements on PRB programmes
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in order to ensure their engagement and sponsorship of the Bank's reward philosophy
- Improve HR & Management's understanding of Reward and how incentive programmes (bonus and shares) can be used to incentivise business performance and motivate employees
- Design / implement communication materials to promote understanding of Total Reward principles
- Negotiate and recommend Service Level Agreements with the Bank's external vendors (e.g. service providers, benefits consultants) to secure service and agree budgets. Monitor the performance of the vendors and provide inputs and recommendations on the renewal of the service
- Provide advice to the interpretation and applicability of group/region/country policies in country.
- Handle any ad hoc assignment
- Ensure the operation risk aspect of the function is addressed
Our Ideal Candidate
- A graduate ideally with a further professional qualification (e.g. accountancy, HR Management, benefits).
- Proven track record with extensive experience in or exposure to Reward
- Facilitation, influencing and relationship management skills
- Experience of project management and execution with the line
- Conversant with local legal regulatory environment
- Solid experience working in an international HR environment
- Certified Global Remuneration Professional an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.