The Contracts & Procurement (C&P) function is responsible for overseeing CLP Power Hong Kong’s circa HKD 20 billion annual expenditure
with 1,200 suppliers across over 50 categories of spend. C&P’s vision is “To be an agile and responsible business partner, delivering customer value through supply chain expertise, collaboration, innovation and excellence”.
We are looking for a high caliber, experienced professional to lead C&P’s team for the Categories of Civil Works and Cable Trench &
Cable Jointing Works. The team is responsible for planning and delivering all procurement activities across the source-to-pay lifecycle, managing relationships with strategic suppliers/contractors, and ensuring effective management and control of stock inventory.
The position will be responsible for leading the Civil Works Procurement team (of 4 members) and will be accountable for providing :
- Category Responsibilities:
o Civil Works
o Cable Trench and Cable Jointing Works
- Procurement leadership. Lead the category team’s transition towards a business partnering delivery model, drive
adoption of leading procurement practices and provide category-specific subject matter expertise across each of the key stages of the procurement lifecycle (Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay).
- Demand Management. Lead the C&P team’s upstream engagement with Power Systems Business Group and business stakeholders
to identify and manage demand pipeline.
- Category Management. Develop and implement long-term Category Business Plans and project-specific procurement
contracting strategies which maximize value and benefits delivered to the company.
- Sourcing & Contracting. Lead planning and execution of market engagements including supplier proposal evaluations,
commercial & contract negotiations, award recommendations and post-award commercial/claims & contract management.
- Supplier Management.Lead and coordinate implementation of Supplier Relationship & Performance Management (SRM)
framework with awarded suppliers and provide on-going support to periodical senior management reviews.
- Innovation and Partnership. Develop senior-level relationships with key influencers and/or decision makers,
develop long-term partnerships and drive innovation to realize continuous improvement opportunities.
Ensure user compliance with end-to-end procurement policies, processes and procedures while driving commercial effectiveness.
- University degree in Business, Procurement and Supply Chain, Quantity Surveying (QS), Engineering or other relevant discipline with Post-Graduate degree preferred.
- Membership and/or qualification from a procurement professional body (e.g. CIPS, ISM, etc.) or The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS) or engineering body (e.g. HKIE, IET, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant procurement experience leading category teams, of which at least 5 years at supervisory level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement leading practices applied across diverse categories and/or organisations.
- First-hand experience leading sourcing and contract negotiations on large, complex, multi-year infrastructure projects with civil work contractors is preferred.
- Agile, customer-centric and innovative in determining fit-for-purpose market engagement strategies which maximize value delivered, whilst ensuring robustness procurement governance
and decision-making process.
- Change advocate with strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong cross-cultural awareness, adaptability and agility.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Cantonese a distinct advantage.
Please apply by clicking "APPLY NOW" below, accompany with your detailed C.V., including career history, major achievements
and personal attributes, present and expected salary on or before 21 July 2020.
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable
laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: