about the company.
Our client is one of the largest employers in Hong Kong with dominant positions in a variety of businesses. With the launch of their stable business development plan, they are currently looking for a Procurement Director to join their IT Procurement Team.
about the team.
There are over 100 people in procurement department with people each focusing on different categories. You would be the person who focuses on procurement of construction materials and fit-out works for their new construction project in Mainland China. It is an individual role with no direct subordinate.
about the job.
As the procurement manager (construction), you are responsible for
- Carry out procurement operations, including but not limited to sourcing and tendering activities.
- Support demand and supply related activities, from determining internal business needs, coordinating supplier evaluations, to sourcing new suppliers and managing supplier relationship.
- Assist in coaching junior staff in order to ensure requisitions are completed as scheduled.
- Source construction materials and fit-out works needed as requested by working alongside key counterparts such as the construction team, QS team, Project team and external suppliers.
skills & experiences required.
To be successful in this position, you need
- Bachelor degree (Procurement, Business Administration or related disciplines) in a recognised university, preferably with qualifications of CIPS.
- At least 7 year working experience at a sizable organisation with a very strong focus on IT procurement field.
- Strong knowledge in procurement of construction materials and fit-out work.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English and Chinese.