Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we've chosen to do something incredible. We're totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you'll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you'll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI's shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges - in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we'll give you lots of responsibility. You'll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You'll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
Your 'day to day'
You will be employed in Hong Kong at the electronic hub (eHUB) under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
To formulate sourcing strategies for new components with strong alignment to PMI cross functional teams from Advanced Procurement, Product Development, NPI, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain in Asia and Europe to ensure technical optimal solution for an efficient and scalable supply chain and mass production.
- To manage new component cost from development to mass production. This includes negotiation with suppliers on part level unit prices, NRE costs for development or mass production capacity.
- To drive cost reduction activities for new core components and sub-assemblies in conjunction with the product development and cost engineering teams.
- To identify and manage new product risks.
- Lead problem solving to resolve mass production blocking issues.
- To execute procurement activities on a timely basis for new product introductions, manage sourcing deliverables and ensure supply readiness for mass production, and on time delivery of new product vs schedule.
- To represent and lead Procurement interaction with cross function teams during new product development and introduction.
- Conduct Technology scouting and screening in global supply markets.
- To participate in developing and standardizing New Product Sourcing processes and contribute to continuous improvement.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 10 years of relevant procurement experience. Experience in new product sourcing will be an added advantage.
- Degree in related discipline preferably engineering.
- Required experience in mechanical and electromechanical component sourcing including exposure to tooling management.
- Knowledge in new product development process and project management.
- Experience working on hand-held electronics products will be an added advantage.
- Experience in contract management in with manufacturing partners, execution models will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently while keeping management informed.
- Proactive & result oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Preferred experience working in matrix organization in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possessed strong analytical & negotiation skills.
- Team player, Experience in working with Asian and European counterparts on technical level.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and good communicator - Fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal & negotiation skill.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We'll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world's best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business - our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.