The Product Development/Engineering Manager will be responsible for implementing technical execution of global sporting goods, toys and games portfolios of products including electronic underwater sea scooters, e-bike, snorkeling equipment, etc, entailing
all details of concept, production, and ensuring performance, cost, quality, and schedule adherence. The position is required to provide expertise in proven techniques for successful product development and design for manufacturing/assembly, and must be capable
of operating in a highly dynamic environment consistently driving for solutions and results.
Successful candidate will work closely with major functional teams including but not limited to Design, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, Packaging to manage development of entire product life-cycle. Responsibilities shall include to lead technical development of products, define product specifications, identify risks and opportunities to prevent development hurdles, and to provide augmentation in management working with directors to balance business, design, and technical objectives.
Major Responsibilities and Requirements
· Requires to work with and stay in factory for at least 3-4 days a week to manage factory engineering team
· Lead product review meetings and create action plan for technical deliverables
· As key point of contact with manufacturing/engineering teams in China – Guangdong Province, and to ensure alignment on all project details
· Collaborate with Design and Brand teams on generating new concepts, and provide technical and cost assessment
· Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure milestones and integration are on-time and driving project schedules from concept to production
· Coordinate with responsible departments to ensure all projects are delivered on-cost, on-spec, on-time
· Provide mechanical, material, electro-mechanical, engineering expertise throughout entire product development process
· Lead to build prototype and proof-of-concept, test new mechanisms, key feature, functionality and feasibility
· Detailed design of components and products for manufacturing along with creating product and performance specifications
· Proactive to analyze, resolve, and eliminate project issues; driving productivity by implementing design for manufacturing/assembly up front
· Application of project management software to manage, track and trace key deliverables, resolve future issues and to keep the product on track, on cost, and on specification
· Explore new materials, technology, and manufacturing processes to improve engineering efficiency and improvement
· 5 years+ experience in Product Engineering
· Bilingual fluency in Chinese and English
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
· Toy, sporting goods, electronics experience required
· Experience with plastics, materials, manufacturing, engineering cost for durable goods
Stallion is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of a wide range of Toy & game, sporting goods. We employ more than 2,500 employees worldwide. Our brands include Body Glove, Speedo, Orca, Snowslider, Fluid, Xplore, Jetpilot and Wham-O.
We are looking for experienced professional individuals to fill the positions of "Product Development Engineer" working with our North American & Europe customers.
If you are creative, passionate and action-oriented and have a strong desire to build your future career with a Toys & sporting goods leader, join us and let's play and grow together!!