Reporting to the Chief Civil Engineer, the appointee will mainly perform the following responsibilities:
- To participate in the formulation of project schedules, conceptual and detailed design, budgeting and implementation of projects
- To prepare tender and tender evaluation
- To monitor site work schedule, perform safety management, and cost and quality control throughout various project executive stages from design, audit, construction, testing and commissioning to completion of works
- To liaise with internal parties and external parties including contractors, government authorities and public stakeholders on project matters
- To perform the role of Technically Competent Person (TCP) for site supervision for civil / structural / geotechnical works
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or related disciplines
- A minimum of 8 years’ working experience with Corporate Membership of the HKIE, or
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 12 years’ relevant working experience
- Good knowledge of civil and structural engineering design, project management and contract administration in multi-engineering disciplinary project
- Familiar with relevant local and international regulations, procedures, standards and codes of practice
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Project, SAP2000, SAFE, STAADPRO, SPACE GASS, FREW, SLOPE/W
- Good command of English and Chinese languages, both spoken and written
Candidate with less relevant experience and/or lower qualifications may be considered for the position of
Engineer I / II.
Working Location: Admiralty
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume (in PDF format) with details of qualification, experience, present
and expected salaries, and contact number to the Senior Manager (Human Resources Services), The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. on or before 7 February 2020 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to
know more about our Company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and
ordinance of the HKSAR.