Dynamics of the Role
This position is a combined roles of a Project Manager and Business Analyst. As a PM, its major responsibilities include project management, customer engagement, leadership and leading projects with diverse teams to deliver a solution to TransUnion customer. This position will lead and manage multiple concurrent projects, coordinating work across variety of internal TransUnion groups as well as external vendors and/or consultants, and providing appropriate communication to all project stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure successful project completion and/or compliance of Service Level Agreements (SLA). As a Business Analyst, he will be responsible in eliciting and documenting the requirements.
This position will recommend project structure and processes, especially on new product roll-outs or enhancements to existing products, to meet new and challenging business needs using advanced project management skills and a variety of project methodologies and techniques. It will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with external customers and sales personnel throughout the duration of the project to facilitate transparency on project status and risks. Being exposed to a domain, the role is expected to also provide an adequate level of being expert on the solution to carry out conversation with customers during requirements gathering and troubleshooting of issues.
How You’ll Contribute
- Apply in-depth professional experience and broad knowledge of both business and technology to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve simple to complex technical or business issues. Lead and actively participate and interact with customers to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and design the processes to meet the needs.
- Project Management.Lead IT projects by directing, driving and overseeing the work done by its project team/s across the phases of SDLC using TransUnion implementation methodology and standard processes to ensure successful project delivery. The scope of the work includes project administration, issue resolution and escalating them when necessary, managing project budgets and estimates, and ensuring that project communication exceeds stakeholder needs using expert skills in meeting leading, presentations and problem solving.
Interface with both Project Steering Committee and TransUnion senior management on all escalated project related issues, changes in scope, project risks and project status. Ensure that comprehensive information is provided to all stakeholders in a timely manner. Work with other teams to prioritize project work.
Ensure that standard project processes are followed each project so that changes to project scope, requirements, resources, functionality and risk are monitored, documented and communicated to all project stakeholders in a timely manner.
Propose improvement to existing processes to make the work of the team efficient.
- Requirements Elicitation. Using multiple information gathering techniques, lead and conduct facilitated sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development.
- Analyzing Requirements. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Articulate to the clients the implications of implementing new technologies in the current business and technology framework. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. Formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Specifying Requirements. Validate and/or develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements/configuration document or user stories that can be shared with various stakeholders and in a format that can be directly converted to test plans, use cases, and/or system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans. Discuss these requirements gathered to the architect and/or development team, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements.
- Validating and Verifying Requirements. Validate and/or maintain a traceability matrix that links the business requirements to technical solution, and from solution to test cases and vice-versa, to ensure that all captured business requirements signed-off by the customer is delivered and tested in the solution. Work with QA team to ensure that appropriate test plan and relevant test cases are prepared for Systems Integration Testing or User Acceptance Testing and that these are aligned to the signed-off requirements. Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Configuration. Perform simple/non-routinary to complex/critical configurations of standard/out of the box DE solutions.
- Documentation. Review and/or write/develop all required documentation for the project such as but not limited to User Manual, Training Manual, Requirements Document, Process flows.
- Training. Train customer’s Core Project Team, End-User, Operation Support or other relevant users on the use of the proposed solution.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure fulfillment of the requirements.
- Gatekeeper of Requirements. Should be able to raise to Customer PM counterpart or internal stakeholders if : (1) issues reported are not within the signed-off requirements; (2) a technical implementation of a solution will trigger a change in the signed-off requirements and solution;
- Scheduling and Project Tracking. Work with development team in completing the work estimates and scheduling the work to be done. Scheduling of project must comply with TransUnion best practice and set of standards.
- Production Support. Lead the handover or onboarding plan to Production Support, and/or conduct knowledge hand-over to Level 1 to ensure that the latter can be able to provide Level 1 support effectively. As an SME on the functionality of the solution, provides Level 2 or Level 3 support when the need arises.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge. Seek out innovations in process improvement, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
- As appropriate, ensure that post implementation support is provided for projects and/or products that have been developed or enhanced to ensure that they are working effectively and efficiently and that customers ' needs are addressed in a timely manner and SLA’s are met 100%.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
Experience: Typically has at least 10 years of total IT work experience.
Must have at least 3 years of work experience as an IT Project Manager for system or application IT-related projects such as application package implementation, system integration, mobile app development or software development. Experience as a Vendor delivering a project to an external customer is a must.
Must have at least 3 to 5 years of work experience as Business Analyst or System Analyst or equivalent position with an emphasis on requirements elicitation and documentation, software development with systems background, or hands-on knowledge of software development lifecycle and development methodology. Exposure to banking or financial services industry is preferred.
Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills with a background in technical communications. Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to bridge business and technical perspectives, and ability to build professional relationships. Demonstrated ability to meet critical time sensitive objectives.
Has demonstrated the ability to deliver multiple projects at the same time, and can manage teams with diverse background and different time zones.
Must satisfactorily meet all competency skills identified for this role.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume and indicate current and expected salary to apply at https://transunion.taleo.net/careersection/tuext/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000594
You can also visit our LinkedIN career page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/4310/careers?trk=job_view_topcard_company_image
Data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes.