Hello, we’re WorldFirst. We specialise in making international money transfer faster, simpler and cheaper for people and businesses with global ambitions. Our clients never stop. And neither do we. To support us on our journey we’re looking to hire a Project Manger who will be working closely with the commercial & IT team in Asia.
As a Project Manager you will be passionate about managing change and will excel at delivering it. You will have responsibility for the delivery of multiple external and internal projects, ensuring that timescales, scope and stakeholder expectations are managed effectively.
Your role will encompass all aspects of the delivery including the people, process and technology streams of work.
You will have technical project management skills and the ability to manage, control and monitor the projects assigned to you but more importantly, you will be a credible and influential leader with the drive, enthusiasm and gravitas to achieve results from a mixed project team made up of subject matter experts and IT professionals.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the whole project lifecycle from initiation to close.
- Establish and engage your project team to ensure the successful delivery of all deliverables within the required timeframe.
- Manage the changes required to:
- People – any new roles or impacts on teams or World First staff.
- Process – any new processes and procedures.
- Technology – any system, hardware or other technology changes required to support the business change.
- Manage the core project areas of scope, time, cost and quality to ensure project outputs meet expectations.
- Scope - Work closely with project sponsors and product owners to ensure that business requirements are met and the outputs of the project are fit for purpose.
- Time – Maintain an up-to-date and accurate schedule to track project tasks and key milestones.
- Cost - Manage the project cost – tracking costs based on budget, forecast and actual.
- Quality - Oversee the quality control and quality assurance aspects of the project including UAT and testing phase of the project.
- Actively identify and manage risks and issues that may jeopardise the successful delivery of a project and take steps to mitigate these and manage these through to resolution.
- Produce accurate and detailed documentation for the project – including core project documents as per the World First project methodology.
- Provide accurate reporting on project progress.
- Manage inter-dependencies between delivery teams and between your project and others.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders during the course of the project.
- Produce a lessons learnt report at the end of every project to ensure that our team is continually improving and striving for excellence.
- Manage the project launch and handover process both internally and externally. This includes:
- Developing a launch/rollout plan.
- Conducting and gaining approval for any operational impact.
- Handing over to the appropriate ‘Business as Usual’ teams and managing the delivery of training as required.
- Manage the close-out and post-implementation activities of the project.
- As a Project Manager you will also provide some support and guidance for Junior Project Managers.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience
- Experience delivering change.
- Experience leading and motivating mixed teams to deliver tasks.
- A strong drive to deliver benefits and value.
- Exceptional leadership skills – persuasive, motivational, influential and credible.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Client-facing experience.
- Extensive project management experience across a range of projects, products and principles - experience working with both Waterfall and Agile would be advantageous.
- An assertive nature and the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders during the course of a project.
- Experience and understanding of delivering people change.
- Experience and understanding of managing systems / application development.
- Experience in foreign exchange and financial services an advantage
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly.
- Experience of P & L’s, budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Business level of written and verbal fluency in English & Chinese
- Scrum, PMP or Prince2 certified
- Member of PMI or APM or similar
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- An excellent benefits package including Mandatory Provident Fund; health, dental and life insurance; enhanced maternity and paternity leave policies
- 20 days holiday, birthday day off, charity leave, 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst
- Perks, including: free breakfast, Friday beer fridge, business casual dress code, annual company parties – and more!
You may learn more about our working environment and culture at this video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG5dx38v_KA
Please submit your CV (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to us.
To find out more about what it's like to work with World First or more job opportunities, please visit our website at www.worldfirst.com/en-hk/careers
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.