My client, a tier one investment bank, is looking for a strong Project Manager to join their compliance technology team in managing projects end-to-end in the APAC region.
The Compliance Technology team is responsible for delivering solutions that satisfy the many requirements necessary to ensure compliance with these rules. A global team with team members based in America, Europe and Asia. All of my client's projects and initiatives require a combination of innovative technology solutions and a close partnership with the Compliance teams to ensure a full understanding of their requirements.
A position now exists within the team for an experienced and highly motivated technical project manager with experience of application control and management to work on key initiatives for my client's business partners in APAC.
This challenging role will provide an excellent opportunity to work on large regional projects and to gain an understanding of the key Compliance functions and associated applications in the region.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, technology professional with at least 5 year's post qualification experience and a proven ability to work on their own initiative in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Act as the central point of contact between Compliance Technology in APAC and the Project Management Office (PMO) teams working on key regional projects.
- Work closely with Asia, EMEA and US based colleagues to provide all technical, business and financial information requested by the PMO teams.
- Manage the day to day project budgets, headcount and forecasts.
- Provide up to data project status reporting to Compliance Tech colleagues, business partners and PMO teams as required.
- Manage/co-ordinate the test phases of the projects for Compliance Technology teams. This will cover all test phases.
- Application management for small-medium sized applications and ensuring that the applications are compliant with all of our application governance standards and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven capability of producing high quality, clear, business friendly project documentation that can also be easily interpreted by technology peers. This should include plans, status reporting, technical and business overviews etc
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- 5+ years' experience of working in a technical capacity (Project Leader / Manager, Business Analyst, System Tester, etc.) on large projects within a financial services environment.
- Experience in all facets of the software development and project lifecycle and the end-to-end phases of the SDLC.
- Understanding of complex application infrastructures and the interdependency across complex and diverse systems.
- Strong Global Markets knowledge and high level experience of a wide range of financial products (especially Fixed Income and FX) and the associated static/reference data
- Experience of working in a Compliance environment, particularly Trade Surveillances, Equity Aggregation, AML
- Experience of working with Jira.
- Experience of querying data using SQL on large relational databases.
- Experience of developing Test Cases, performing User Acceptance Testing/Quality Assurance and managing the various test cycles.
- Experience of working as an Application Manager for small-medium sized applications.
All interested parties please apply directly to this job ad or contact Michael Stroud at [email protected] for more information