KaiOS is a Mobile Operating System for Smart Feature Phones that stormed the scene to become the 3rd largest mobile OS globally (2nd in India ahead of iOS). We are on 100M+ devices in 100+ countries. We recently closed a Series B round with Cathay Innovation, Google and TCL.
We are looking for a Project Manager for our Hong Kong-based data team to work alongside Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and DevOps Engineers. The Data team at KaiOS is in charge of everything that is driven by the vast and varied datasets produced by our platform and ecosystem - insight / analytics, data APIs and machine learning models and at-scale data systems to support it all.
Broad classes of things the team works on:
- Data feeds, reports, dashboards, metrics & KPIs for varied internal and external constituencies
- Distillation of high-grade datasets that enable data science and machine learning
- Development, productization and refinement of machine learning models
- APIs powered by this data and models
- Initiatives to support data quality and completeness
Your core activities would be:
- Unpacking underlying value in data-related requests originating from various constituencies, prioritizing and breaking down the work
- Maintaining the team backlog and ensuring end-to-end delivery
- Working tirelessly to remove obstacles in the team’s path
- Coordinating with other teams across KaiOS
What we are looking for:
- Engineering background and Academic Qualifications
- Outstanding analytical thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail to understand designs, dependencies, challenges and risks in order to ensure timely and reliable delivery
- Extensive experience in data-centric environments
- Experience working in cross-functional delivery-focused agile teams
- Experience with iterative development across multiple work streams
- At least 5 years of experience in dealing with data driven products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
KaiOS Technologies powers an ecosystem of affordable digital products and services. Its flagship product, KaiOS, is the emerging mobile operating system for smart feature phones with more than 50 million active users in over 100 countries. KaiOS is based on HTML5 and other open web technologies. Devices running on the platform require limited memory, while still offering a rich user experience through access to apps like the Google Assistant, WhatsApp, YouTube, Facebook, Google Maps, and Twitter.
Kai’s mission is to help close the digital divide by bringing mobile connectivity to the billions of people without internet in emerging markets, as well as providing those in established markets with an alternative to smartphones. To make this happen, Kai partners with leading ODM/OEMs and carriers, such as AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Reliance Jio, Orange, MTN, China Mobile, HMD, Doro, and Bullitt. Kai is also backed by major technology and telecom industry players, including Google and Reliance Jio. Together with these partners, Kai focuses on creating affordable devices and data plans that make internet access a reality for everyone, while simultaneously helping partners transform their business models.