- In-charge of bulk purchases as determined by the Purchase Manager.
o Identify the key specifications.
o Identify the key suppliers.
o Liaise with Technical Officers from all groups and branch offices to determine the requirement.
o Assist the Purchase Manager in preparing the tender document in case required.
o Send the requisition for the quotations.
o Compare the cost with previously supplied similar items, to ensure better costing for bulk purchases.
o Liaise with groups and branches for delivery
- Identify top 10 vendors and related items which can be targeted for bulk supplies.
- Maintain standard price list for key store and spare items as identified by Purchase Manager.
- Maintain contract file for approved vendors. Inform the purchase manager when a contract is lapsing.
- Vendor data base to be kept up to date. Unapproved vendors being used to be tracked and identified.
- Feedback on vendor performance to be maintained.
- Overview of the consolidation being done for freight and forwarding companies to be provided to the Purchase Manager.
- Review of the freight and forwarding rates being applied to the company by the identified vendors to be compared and submitted to the Purchase Manager.
- Liaise with technical officers and accounts department regarding the invoice payment status and update the vendor of the same.
- Collection of all overdue invoices from the technical teams and processing for consolidated payment.
- Responsible for collecting and documenting all technical information from the vessels, workshops, and vendors
- Maintain a record of total Business done by all Fleet offices, with all vendors and update on monthly basis.
- Follow up on advance payments, make necessary entries in the cost book and liaise with suppliers, forwarders, vessels agents and the vessel for speedy dispatch.
- Monitor and assist the Purchase Manager towards the pending invoice payment status.
- Documents housekeeping as per company requirements
- As and when required assist Purchase Manager in collection and compilation of various ship related data from the technical teams.
- Training of Technical officers
- Ad hoc duties or projects as assigned by Superiors.
- Diploma in Supply chain, logistics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years of related working experience in Ship Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a MUST
- Strong team player with a positive working attitude
We offer 5-day work, attractive salary and fringe benefits to the right candidate.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment purpose only)