UK based toys company with 150 chain-stores in UK & fast-growing global distribution, is inviting high calibre, self-motivated candidates to
join the expanding Hong Kong office.
QA & International Compliance Technologist
To ensure that all products are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. Reporting to the HK QA Manager, you will need to work closely with the
UK QA & Sales Team, merchandisers & supply chain officers, suppliers & factories, inspection companies, test laboratories & HK QA team. You will also liaise with the wider Hong Kong and European team as required. The role may require visits to suppliers, factories
and test laboratories.
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager HK.
- Provide advice on the quality, safety, compliance & testing of new product initiatives.
- Conduct, document & communicate new product risk assessments, identifying test requirements and potential quality and safety
- Support merchandisers and provide & document QA input at all product development stages.
- Compile and complete product technical files.
- Maintain and update the QA Tracker as necessary.
- Coordinate appropriate testing and inspection activity.
- Provide advice on the quality, safety & compliance for international markets.
- Provide details of the required technical information for packaging for international packaging and check & approve subsequent
- Support customers, vendors and factories as required.
- Support supply chain officers and provide QA input as required.
- Conduct desk top risk assessment of suppliers and factories audits and coordinate necessary follow-up activity.
- Continually review QA procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a QA/technologist role with preferred manufacturing, product design or development, testing
laboratory or retail experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of
international directives, regulations, standards and compliance requirements such as EN71, EN62115, REACH,
RoHS, CCPSA, SOR/2011-17, ISO8124, GSO, JFSL, GB6675 & CCC etc.
- Professional, “can-do” attitude, able to manage and prioritise demanding workload & deadlines through
strong organisational and time management skills.
- Logical approach to solving problems, with strong
investigative skills, good
attention to detail, able to analyse data, identify risk and implement effective solutions.
- Self-motivated and hardworking, with a desire to learn and self-develop.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident with MS Office, Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Able to work with, and protect, confidential information.
Mission & Values
- Demonstrates the Company's values in behaviour.
- (Be the best you can be. FIRST: Fairness, Integrity, Respect, Support, Trust) Works toward the company mission: ‘To be a Global
Toy Company creating Trustworthy Toys at Outstanding Value, through Intelligent, Caring and Safe Design.’
- Enthusiasm: Can demonstrate enthusiasm
in their work, in the brand, and in the product ranges. Can embrace our mission and vision. Understands the importance of a fun and has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Proactive. Quick to act and able
to initiate enterprise within functional responsibility reflecting line manager's goals.
- Competitive. Seeks to be the best
and excel in their work. Focused on sales performance.
- Accountable. Able to give account
and take responsibility for actions, is open and non-defensive towards feedback.
- Flexible. Is flexible to adopt his/her
methods and judgments in light of change and new goals. Deals effectively with the unpredictable and uncertain.
- Thinking agility. Assimilates data
and explores options from different perspectives to make effective judgments.
- Implementation focus. Delivers against
agreed objectives, plans and deadlines. Committed to achieving targets.