A boutique private equity real estate investment manager focused on delivering returns for investors through its single-asset private equity real estate funds.
The Company sources investments in developed markets (ie. HK, Europe, US, Australia) with a strong focus in value-add and opportunistic investment strategies.
We are seeking for investment analyst/manager, position based in Hong Kong.
• Perform relevant real estate industry / market research, synthesize / distill data, and build compelling investment theses for internal research, decision-making, and product development purposes
• Conduct rigorous investment analysis and analyze potential acquisitions from quantitative / qualitative perspectives; heavy emphasis placed on quantitative aspects of the deal – candidate must be highly proficient with Excel-based DCF financial modeling (real estate finance, ground-up development, JV waterfall modeling)
• Assist with the drafting of all internal approval documentation – Research Notes, Investment Committee Papers; candidate must possess a strong command of English and business writing skills
• Review offering fund documents to ensure that all commercial terms have been included and adhere to regulatory compliance. Ability to interact professionally with all third party consultants (i.e. lawyers, fund administrators) required;
• Assist with compiling all fund marketing pitchbooks. Generate and review relevant market- and deal-specific content used such marketing collateral. Ability to understand both the explicit and implicit messages conveyed through selection of words and graphics;
• Manage existing investment funds to maximize return on client investments; monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure pro-forma investment goals are met or exceeded;
▪ Bachelors required. Masters degree a plus, ideally in a real estate or finance related discipline
▪ Minimum 1-4 years real estate investment, finance, development or valuation experience
▪ Real estate financial modeling skills – intermediate to advanced Excel
▪ Fluent written and spoken English essential. Mandarin and Cantonese a benefit.
▪ Position based in Hong Kong, with some international travel (10 – 20%)
Macdonald & Company is the leading professional recruitment consultancy for the real estate, built environment, energy and environmental sectors. Established in 1994 and headquartered in the UK, we apply local knowledge with true global connection through our offices in Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa.
Our specialist teams act for every class of organisation owning, occupying, financing or advising on property, construction and engineering – developers, investors, institutions, funds, banks, consultancies and contractors. We are the preferred recruitment partner of RICS - the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
The Company’s Energy & Environmental division acts for clients across oil and gas, maritime, utilities, natural resources, power generation, renewable energy and sustainability sectors.
Macdonald & Company is a subsidiary of the London Stock Exchange quoted Prime People Plc.
“People make the difference. We connect you to that difference.”