Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of
finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Sarbanes Oxley Manager.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for SOX coordination in HSBC Hong Kong.
- Ensure SOX compliance in HSBC Hong Kong, internal control framework across the region is aligned with Group and Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Perform SOX risk assessment for HSBC Hong Kong to ensure high risk areas are scoped in for SOX purposes.
- Engage with Global Businesses, Global Functions and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology to identify key controls for risk mitigation within their processes and operations.
- Provide guidance and partner with Global Businesses, Global Functions and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology in identifying and reporting of SOX controls deficiencies.
- Conduct SOX Assurance Reviews in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific countries to ensure adequate internal controls are maintained and operating effectively.
- Review and challenge internal control issues, identify potential thematic issues. Provide practical and cost effective recommendations for remediation.
- Coordinate Internal Control Certificate sign off from business or function heads to support HSBC Hong Kong CEO's or CFO's certification.
- Prepare management information reports on internal control matters to support SOX four way meetings and HSBC Hong Kong Audit Committee meetings.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and provide support to their SOX audits.
- Provide SOX training as when required.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Accountant with experience preferably with banking and financial services in the field of risk and controls.
- Strong financial control background.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act 404, COSO 2013 Framework and HSBC Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Possess understanding of HSBC's structure, operations, systems and finance function.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to confidently deal with colleagues at various level including senior management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with a proactive approach.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CVZC
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional
development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited