The Senior Accountant supports the Director, Accounting, Hong Kong in the Continent’s accounting operations and processes.
Excellent opportunity for candidate who wants to join the world’s leading lodging company. As the Senior Accountant working in this dynamic and expanding business, you will participate in many innovation projects to enhance work flow efficiency and to drive for long term success for the company.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience
- Minimum of 4 years public accounting and/or commercial accounting experience.
- Experience in a complex accounting environment including multiple subsidiaries, currencies and bases of accounting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge/expertise in system implementation and process improvement will be a plus
- Preference for Big 4 external audit background as well as accounting experience with a major multinational corporation.
Education or Certification
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- CPA or advanced degree preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to think laterally, attentive to details, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills; effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure. Self-starter with strong tendency toward pro-active process improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently; strong time management skills
- Ability to guide, train and communicate effectively with associates
- Hands on experience in PeopleSoft / Concur is a plus
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Fluency in Cantonese, English and Mandarin is required
- High degree of initiative; highly motivated self-starter
- Creative thinker regarding process improvement and systematic process analysis
- Customer service orientation with both internal and external customers
- Supports, manages, and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace
- Willing to travel when required
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Participate in innovation projects by applying updated technology for the accounting processes to create higher efficiency and better controls
- Maintain interactive system through new technology and seek continuous improvement in work procedures
- Prepare month-end closing and assist in daily accounting operation
- Prepare and consolidate monthly, quarterly, annual accounting reports and provide analysis on the variances
- Ensure all procedures to verify accruals and invoice payment are properly documented, approved and reflected in the accounting system accurately
- Perform General Ledger reconciliation for all Hong Kong entities on Balance sheet items
- Assist in preparation of procedural guidelines for the accounting function. Identify key areas where unnecessary processes can be eliminated and achieve greater operational efficiency when interacting with other systems
- Ensure work flow and procedure are complied with company guidelines
- Develop, improve and manage processes and procedures to improve efficiency
- Work closely with external consultants and other internal departments to develop, implement and maintain systems and procedures
- Communicate with internal departments and external vendors
- Provide/Attend training sessions in overseas when required
- Perform ad hoc tasks as assigned
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.