Senior Administrative Associate (Private Sector Partnerships) (GL-7), Post No. 10026134 - One Year Renewable contract
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting a Senior Administrative Associate (Private Sector Partnerships) to act as key pivot to support all Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) staff working in UNHCR Hong Kong and Macao SARs of China.
Senior Administrative Associate (Private Sector Partnerships) works under the direct supervision of the PSP Officer, Head of PSP (Hong Kong and Macao). The incumbent will assist and closely support the PSP Officer's management of the country PSP program by providing overall support for all the PSP related administration, finance payments and reports, and human resources management for all PSP staff working in UNHCR Hong Kong. S/he also provides procurement supports for PSP Hong Kong. For this, s/he works closely with some relevant internal contacts related for his/her finance payments and procurement duties, and various external contacts. S/he also collaborates with UNOPS regional office in Bangkok. Moreover, the position will monitor the domestic legislation changes directly or indirectly related to UNHCR’s PSP operation, and report to the supervisor for update and any necessary actions, if required.
Requirements and experience:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably with a University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum 11 years of relevant working experience, preferably with iNGOs or UN Agencies
- Familiarity with UN in general and a good knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures both Headquarters and in the Field would be an asset.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Experience in procurement process and budget control would be an asset
- Excellent computer skills and practical experience in working with MS Office Applications
- Excellent written and spoken Chinese and English
- High level of confidentiality, detail-minded, great communications and interpersonal skills
- Supervise a small team to provide full range of office administration support and ensure smooth office operation
- Assist the PSP Officer to manage all Human Resources issues for the PSP staff including individual contractors and PSP interns from recruitment through training/induction performance management and staff relations in line with UNHCR’s HR policies and procedures
- Maintain liaison with the support sections and divisions at Headquarters, specifically with DHRM, on matter related to the recruitment and personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitation to Bid or Request for Proposals, receipt of quotation, bids of proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with United Nations Development Programme rules and regulations
- Assists in preparation and coordination of Request for Quotations, Invitation to Bid and Request for Proposals, and other solicitation documentation, including reviewing specifications and terms of reference
- Forecast PSP support budget based on track records and reflect it in annual plan
- Assist the PSP team and its Head to develop the Annual Budget Plan and to implement the budget income/expenditure record and bank reconciliation in system according to the Plan. The incumbent also monitors budget implementation according to an agreed annual budget and plan
- Assist the PSP Officer and PSP’s regional partners to keep track of significant variances between the approved budget and actual results and implementation rates, through clear reporting, whilst ensuring timely budget expenditure revisions and income forecasts are made and submitted to Headquarters
- Perform any other related duties that may be required
Please refer to our website for the full version: http://www.unhcr.org/hk/en/job-opportunities
Closing date: 27 March 2019
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their
by email only to the email address stated on our website <
https://www.unhcr.org/hk/en/job-opportunities>. Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name Personal History Form”, “your name Motivation letter”, “your name CV” and “your name factsheet”. Please put “UNHCR – Senior Administrative Associate (PSP)” in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview and written test.