To support our continuous growth and expansion, we are now seeking a high caliber candidate for the following position.
- Work with the direction set forth by the Art Director
- Collaborate with Game team and story team
- Create character, creature, environmental concepts that include landscapes, architectural designs, props, and occasional mood paintings
- Create polished illustrations
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Character Artist
- Master level competence of Photoshop, with a focus on painting.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of human and creature anatomy, with a keen eye towards composition, perspective, lighting, value, color theory, form, structure,
shape language, and silhouette
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration, and an understanding of how to adapt these ideas for marketing
- Great at brainstorming, taking direction, collaborating and being part of a team.
- Ability to solve problems creatively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to develop ideas through sketches, take feedback, and take the sketches to a high level of finish.
- Interest/passion for Acid Rain World.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Experience telling stories through dynamic and dramatic keyframe illustrations.
- Experience developing highly realistic character designs with very focused art directions. Ability to explore multiple art directions.
- Experience communicating storytelling/blue sky ideas through image sequences, rough sketches, or 3d models.
- Experience creating matte paintings
- Deep understanding of Maya or Painter
- Leadership or mentoring experience
- Familiar with Military and Sci-fi setting
Application & Portfolio materials:
- Cover letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- An art test may be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate an ability to match our desired style for Acid Rain World
- Additional portfolio such as hand drawn sketchbook will be required for the interview
Please send your application and Portfolio materials to Miss Wylie Yip with your current and expected salary in your resume. For information regarding
our company and ARW IP please visit www.aitherentertainment.com and