Do you have great commercial plans to optimize sales of our products? If yes, you are what we look for as the Senior Assistant Merchandise Manager.
You will have full merchandising accountabilities for a segment of business, defined by either a brand or by division. You will spearhead sales planning, pricing and merchandise assortment to support the overall category/department strategy. You will also partner closely with the Merchandise Manager for vendor management, cost negotiation and product development.
Category and Assortment Strategy
• Develop and communicate sales strategy for a segment of a department business
• Formulate an assortment strategy that is consistent with overall business strategy
• Work with the Merchandise Manager to monitor the proper execution of the merchandise strategy at the division and location level
• Drive and execute the brands’ floor space planning and allocation for all key locations
• Assist the Merchandise Manager to determine seasonal transition and promotional strategies
• Monitor sales performance on newly developed products, determine further sales opportunities based on results
• Select/delete assortments as appropriate
• Deliver sales, gross margin and turnover goals for assigned business segment
• Encourage and support the development of your team; offer honest and constructive feedback to the team to foster individual development
• Develop and maintain a formal plan for self-development and career advancement
• Bachelor’s Degree or above
• Minimum 1 year’s merchandising experience in a buying office
• Internationally mobile for career advancement opportunities, likely to San Francisco, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Singapore and other major Asia-Pacific cities
• Can commit a 3 – 5 years’ career development period with DFS
• Great interpersonal skills to negotiate with internal & external work partners
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written and be comfortable in making high level presentations
• Proficient in both written and spoken English
DFS Group Limited is the world's leading luxury retailer catering to the traveling public. We have attained this position by listening to our clientele, adapting to changes in our customer base, and continually responding with innovative concepts.
Our strength lies in our strategic brand partnerships, groundbreaking store and product development, superior assortments, and targeted marketing programs.
As we continue to perfect our business model, improve our offerings and expand into emerging markets, we are well positioned to remain the world's leading luxury retailer.