About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist the Head of Audit in the development and execution of an Audit plan in accordance with the Group's Audit Charter to be able to discharge the responsibility to provide assurance that key risks (including emerging risks) pertaining to the assigned portfolio are being appropriately managed. The role involves undertaking risk assessments, lead and / or perform internal audit engagements of diverse business units or functions to deliver the audit plan established. In addition the role involves providing guidance to audit team members, supporting other audit teams and contributing to the overall GIA audit coverage and priorities by providing product domain knowledge and expertise.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units and relevant support functions for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Audit Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Actively track and escalate, where appropriate, significant issues and audit findings that remain unresolved.
- To help develop and maintain a robust risk assessment process for documenting and communicating the results of assessment, the consolidated audit plan and strategy for the assigned portfolios and / or business functions.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal GIA stakeholders to provide input / assistance on developing their audit approach as required.
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group.
- Where undertaking the role of Team Manager, provide performance feedback to team leaders and team members.
- Share knowledge, skills and experience with team leaders and team members to guide and assist in their development.
- To identify, clearly document and escalate significant issues.
- The individual will be a core regulatory audit specialist and also be expected to participate in other cross functional/country audits.
- To assist the Country Head of Audit to ensure accurate and timely management reporting is provided to the GIA Management Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Solid work experience as professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills, particularly Information and Cyber Security / Retail Banking / Distribution of Wealth Management products / Operational Risk / Anti-Money Laundering / Customer Due Diligence. Knowledge of key Hong Kong regulatory requirements and their impact on the bank and financing business.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Internal Audit and the business.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations, and change priorities at short notice.
- Demonstrates ability to think critically, objectively and "think outside the box" when analyzing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills of a high standard.
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification where appropriate.
- Professional audit certification encouraged.
- Ability to perform role of 'Change Leader'.
- Fluent spoken English a must, Cantonese and Mandarin preferred.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.