Hang Seng's Financial Control function works closely with the Bank's stakeholders, including business partners, shareholders, regulators and external
examiners. We function as their accountants and business partners in providing comprehensive information on financial management, financial planning, financial reporting and compliance, capital planning and reporting, financial control & SOX control, tax advisory,
insurance finance, and treasury and investment finance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as
Senior Business Finance Manager.
- Provide quality assurance on the control and accuracy across the business team on the implementation of policies, practices and procedures
- Oversight and challenge the direct costs and recharges consumed by the business team
Independently review the business investment case and financial planning information from business team
- Identifies any potential issues and makes recommendations to the business team
- Initiate and recommend changes to enhance the controls and procedures in the business team
- Engage with Global Finance teams to enable ONE Finance ethos towards advising the Technology business on a broad array of financial management matters
- Contribute to different regulatory and compliance matters and the management of operational risk
- Manage ad hoc projects and drive the implementation of new initiatives as assigned, providing technical support where necessary
- Ensure an effective control environment within the business team
Qualified Accountant or MBA
Minimum 10 years' experience in a varied finance career across multiple finance disciplines
Strong financial services knowledge preferred, knowledge
of technology would be an advantage
in cost management and analysis roles preferred
analytical skills with a commercial bias, an excellent grasp of business drivers and a proactive approach to problem solving
business sense, coupled with good business partnering and ability to work collaboratively with different stakeholders, liaise with Group, insurance business investment, IT and other internal and external stakeholders such as the internal/ external auditors
and actuaries on accounting and regulatory matters.
communication skills in both verbal and written
IT skills an advantage, specifically with Excel, Powerpoint and TM1
to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment
minded and customer focused
player due to inherent dependency upon other areas
management to ensure that all deadlines are met on time without sacrificing quality of information
sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service process
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will
be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions
within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting
reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.