Reporting to the AVP of Procurement the incumbent is responsible for leading and managing all procurement related activities for the category/s managed. The role involves developing and executing long term robust strategic procurement plans that ensure that the products and services provided to our business by the selected supply partners deliver the best value outcome for the company. These strategies will deliver a right service, right cost and right time approach to managing procurement. The incumbent will need to be a valued business partner for the categories managed and business unit/s supported and will work at the most senior levels within these business units supporting their business plans both short and long term. The incumbent will also be a mentor and coach to the team developing the team to be a high functioning procurement group.
• Work with all levels of the business to evaluate the business units requirements for goods and services for the categories managed
• Determine effective supplier and commodity strategies, in conjunction with relevant stakeholder’s to deliver optimal best value total cost outcomes
• Manage supplier engagement process, including management of internal stakeholders and suppliers during tender process
• Evaluate supply alternatives through various Procurement methods such as tendering
• Manage or monitor implementation of new supplier arrangements, ensuring minimal business disruption
• Develop performance measures for supplier relationships, including development of commercial contracts and SLA’s with new suppliers
• Measure contractual adherence over contract lifecycle
• Review and analyze spend data to optimize commodity strategies
• Minimize uncontrolled spend to ensure costs are minimized within each category
• Develop a culture of innovation and ongoing cost improvements with all suppliers, which includes identification and implementation of supplier and/or joint improvements
• Maintain excellent working relationships with key suppliers and internal customers
• Identify and recommend continuous business process improvement of processes, policies and procedures between Galaxy Entertainment Group and our suppliers.
• Ensure compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and with Galaxy Entertainment Group’s internal policies and procedures
• Demonstrate Galaxy Entertainment Group’s Values.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this position, for which the position holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
• Responsibility for taking action to support delivery of outcomes and monitoring KPIs internally (i.e. section and staff) and externally (i.e. suppliers).
Key measures of performance may include:
• Savings generated through effective Procurement process
• Effectiveness of interactions within Procurement team and business stakeholders
• Overall spend optimization within Category
• Supply spend optimization within Category
• Supply base optimization
• On contract spend
• People leadership and management
• Degree in Finance, Supply Chain Management Business Administration or equivalent, Professional qualification preferred.
• Minimum 12 years’ experience in relevant procurement categories with at least 5 years in management position in procurement related functions.
• Demonstrable experience and expertise operating at Senior Procurement Manager / Category Lead level, ideally within a complex matrix Sourcing environment.
• Proven track record of delivering significant savings and efficiencies across a diverse range of procurement projects.
• Broad and demonstrable knowledge to design and implement appropriate procurement processes, procedures and performance measure internationally, including emerging best practices.
• Excellent understanding of local markets and how they operate.
• Collaborative and persuasive; able to influence at all levels.
• Proven track record of success at a management level in :
o Category management and market analysis and development
o Effective contract management with demonstrable outcomes
o Development of cutting edge commercial strategies to reduce risk and maximize value for money
• Excellent in communication and negotiation skill.
• Microsoft office program and ERP (e.g. SAP/RedRock) system in procurement will be an advantage.
• Good command in written and spoken English and Chinese.
Fantastic Opportunities, Unparalleled Careers.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT GALAXY MACAU IN THE HEART OF COTAI