Senior Construction Manager (Listed Property Developer) Central America Project (HK$100K-$150K)
Our client is a local listed property developer, they are seeking a Senior Construction Manager to work on a project in Central America.
To plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organisation, implementation and scheduling
of the projects.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverable and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Represent the company and coordinate all negotiations with vendors, suppliers, consultants and contractors on all stages of the project on schedule cost and quality
- Assess nature and complexity of projects to determine the information and resources required and clearly define the responsibilities for all parties involved
- Direct the tender process from contractors, selection, tender, documentation, issues and analyses of tenders, applying value engineering principles and formulate recommendations for approval
by senior management
- Direct value engineering exercise during design and tender process to ensure costs are within budget
- Lead the in house projects allocating workflow and managing technical issues thought the construction process until handover
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Lead the inspection and defect rectification process and lead improvement work by consolidating work list estimating cost.
- Must be willing to Travel!
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working with leading developer/contractor
- Bachelor degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Proven working experience in construction management, experience in hospitality projects is definitely an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
For more information, please send your resume complete with cover letter to: [email protected] knightrecruits.com
Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. We regret
that only the shortlisted candidates will be notified.