- Lead projects with our clients, managing a small team of in-house consultants and technical associates. Ensure effective, on-time and on-budget delivery of complex consulting projects;
- Develop project concepts and proposals working with our clients and RESET senior management team;
- Produce reports and presentations, which clearly communicate research findings, explain technical issues in an easy to understand language and make a compelling business case for changing practices;
- Develop creative tools and processes to support the implementation of sustainability;
- Develop an overview of trends in a fast-moving market and ensure that RESET services offerings reflect current market risks and opportunities;
- Establish and maintain professional networks in key business sectors and support RESET senior management team to bring new business offerings to market. Represent RESET in public forums as appropriate;
- Coach, train and develop junior team members; and
- Review the work of team members to ensure project objectives and professional standards are achieved.
We are looking for an individual with the following qualities:
Qualifications and Experience
- >5 years’ experience in sustainability consulting, including but not limited to climate change, carbon, energy, water and waste management, sustainability strategy and stakeholder engagement. With proven track record of delivering
practical, forward thinking and viable solutions to clients on sustainability improvements in their business;
- Passionate about solving environmental problems with strong analytical capability and awareness of the importance of moving quickly to achieve major reductions of environmental impacts;
- Experience in presenting complex information with confidence to various stakeholders and ability to lead client workshops or meetings;
- Significant project management experience in environmental management or a related field and the ability to remain calm under pressure to meet tight deadlines and under budget; and
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- A team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- Detailed-oriented and highly organised;
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and get the job done well;
- Good listener, creative thinker and ability to think outside of the box to develop innovative solutions to meet clients’ objectives;
- Mature and highly motivated with strong time management to support and manage multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Willingness to undertake occasional business travel.
- Previous experience in development of sustainability strategies and implementation programs will be highly desirable;
- Areas of expertise in carbon management, green building, resource efficiency and circular economy, renewable energy, target setting and development of performance measurement mechanism, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals,
and/or inclusiveness and equal opportunity;
- A Master Degree in a related field; and
- 7-10 years’ of working experience in a related field may be considered for the position of Principal Consultant.