In KPMG's Advisory practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and in
China is a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for a Consultant to join our Financial Risk Management practice.
KPMG’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) Banking Advisory team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems, solutions, and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG’s international and local networks, we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing. There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II / III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions, and there is a strong focus on financial institutions in mainland China.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity in Hong Kong for Consultant to provide experience and to help our expanding FRM team further develop its leading market position in the provision of banking advisory services. Depending on experience and skills, the role will include the delivery and management of Basel II & III / risk management projects, and staff management for ensuring the future growth of the Financial Services Advisory practice in Hong Kong & China.
- Work on project teams to provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of FRM engagements and projects in line with firm risk management practices for clients across a wide range of industries
- Support engagement planning, scheduling, coordination and administration of engagements
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Assist with proposal drafting and business development activities
- Build strong internal relationships within the Advisory practice and across other services
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Financial Risk Management, Quantitative Economics, or other related field from an accredited college / university
- Around 2 - 5 years’ experience in operating or regulatory compliance, risk management in either credit, liquidity, market or operational risks or capital management, and preferably experience gained in multi-national corporations, public listed companies or professional services firms
- Experience with SAS is a plus
- Qualified HKICPA, ACCA, AICPA, CIA, FRM, CFA or equivalent would be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Cantonese, fluency in Putonghua would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment. Highly adaptive and flexible
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG China operates in 21 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao,
Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi’an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 153 countries and territories, and have 207,000 people working in member firms around the world.