Our Client, a leading European Private Bank is actively looking for a Senior Control Manager to cope with their rapid expansion. This position will be responsible for the review, assessment and enhancement of the Bank’s control environment by ensuring the control implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements as well as industry best practice.
- Assists the Chief Control Officer in the planning of quality assurance activities over the implementation of control measures in line with the Bank’s commitments to the regulators and performs ad hoc risk-based post-implementation assessment of key controls.
- Responsible for producing and reporting appropriate management information for internal key stakeholders.
- Establishes and maintains the framework and mechanism to track and monitor the implementation of control measures within the committed timelines by the respective department owners to address risk issues including identified in or resulted from audit findings, regulatory examination recommendations, non-compliance and control breaches, and other control recommendations or initiatives in accordance with the Bank’s commitments.
- Executes the quality assurance monitoring programme to ensure the sustainability of the control measures set out by validating the design effectiveness and operating effectiveness of these control measures and assessing the competency and adequacy of resources pertaining to the functions performing these control measures.
- Understands the strategic direction of the organization from the Group, regional and local perspective with regards to the corporate governance, risk governance and control framework and monitors the implementation of the corresponding projects and initiatives in the Bank.
- Maintains continuous communication with internal and external stakeholders locally to ensure that issues arising during the course of the work or based on their comments are appropriately and timely addressed.
- University graduate in Business or any related discipline
- Possessed at least 10 years’ work experience in compliance, audit or control function in a banking environment
- Strong control mindset and experienced in quality assurance work
- Excellent communication skills and project/stakeholder management abilities
- Possesses a confident, disciplined, self-motivating and calm personality
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, Powerpoint etc.
Interested parties, please click "Apply Now" to submit your application.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.