We seek a dynamic and passionate individual to fill the position of Senior Database Specialist. An experienced IT professional with substantial experience gained in database administration on mission critical systems, and data warehouse applications, utilizing relational database technologies. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
The successful candidate should have a good grasp of database and related technologies, and have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Installation, administration, monitoring, tuning, security hardening, and patching of Oracle and DB2 LUW databases on RHEL
- Technical support on local database clustering, and remote DR site synchronization
- Data Warehouse database design, configuration, and tuning
- Technical support on data replication
- Development and maintenance of database related operational scripts
- Writing technical database documentation
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.
- Oracle and DB2 LUW database administration experience
- Database clustering technology e.g. RAC, Purescale, VCS
- Disaster Recovery synchronization technology e.g. DataGuard, HADR, SAN replication
- Data Warehouse technologies e.g. Columnar DB, Partitioning, In-memory
- Data replication tools e.g. IBM InfoSphere Change Data Capture
- Script development on RHEL servers
- Familiarity with DB2 z/OS an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese
- Ability to work under pressure in supporting mission critical applications
- Able to work after-hours or weekends when necessary
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT, or related discipline
- 5-8 years’ experience in database administration role
- Experience supporting large multi-TB warehouse databases