FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed ‘A3’ by Moody's and ‘A’ by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received ‘A’ rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Establish strategic application roadmap in the insurance domain, and oversee the execution.
- Evaluate alternatives and recommend cost effective solutions to the business.
- Manage outsourcing vendors and ensure service levels are met.
- Lead multiple system development teams to implement various project initiatives to fulfill business needs
- Responsible for managing IT projects throughout its life cycle, including requirements management, resources planning, prioritization, budget monitoring, clients’ expectation management, system design, change management, contingency planning, risk assessment and mitigation
- Work closely with business users, project managers, vendors, contractors, and project team members for delivering quality projects and services
- Manage project execution, communicate project progress and issues to project stakeholders, including analytical reports, presentations and other documentations as necessary throughout the project delivery process
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Devise application architecture roadmap and work with multiple IT teams to drive architecture design and best practices for various project initiatives
- Maintains a measurable and quality of project deliverables within defined and agreed upon project requirements
- Oversee the quality of project / systems deliverables
- Oversee project risks, identifies, determines and recommends risk mitigation solution on projects and implements as appropriate
- Ensure round-the-clock availability of the IT production systems.
- IT staff recruitment, coaching and mentoring
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 18 years' working experience in Information Technology, with at least 8 years at a senior manager position, specialized in web, mobile and other front-end systems development
- Successful project implementation experience in enterprise scale Life insurance applications, e.g. point of sales, new business/underwriting, policy administration, claims, agency compensation system, fraud/risk, finance and customer portal
- Hands-on experience with document archiving systems (e.g. CM, ECM), workflow management systems, data warehouse systems, call centre / CRM systems and Open API platforms / design principles
- Proven track records in driving enterprise systems architecture design and implementation
- Experience in enterprise cloud migration and DevOps implementation
- Broad understanding of the technology industry, including current and emerging digital solutions
- Strong leadership and technical background
- Able to communicate well on both technical and business level, and effectively manage IT development teams, users and vendors