Hong Kong Industrial Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Centre Limited (Flair)
- Study the intelligent mechatronics, collaborative robotics and intelligent motion control technology trends and applications for industries, especially the manufacturing industry, so as to identify the potential solutions for industries’ productivity improvement and upgrading
- Analyze the requirements and participate in proposal development and design reviews at all levels
- Architect and implement flexible intelligent mechatronics and robotics system controls using but not limited to multiple sensors/ vision systems/ IIoT/ servo systems/ electric motors & drives/ pneumatic control and sizing/ robotic systems & tooling/ wire & cabling/ control cabinets/ PLC/ PC/ embedded systems/ SCADA, etc.
- Be responsible for control system integration including communication networks, fieldbus, robotic interface, and other software systems
- Lead project team to carry out R&D tasks against the plan and complete the projects (including R&D work, project documents, technical report and paper, patents, etc.) as scheduled with high standard
- Manage and supervise the suppliers/vendors to deliver services as requested
- Bachelor or above degree in Electrical, Automation, Mechatronics Robotics, and related disciplines or equivalent
- 6 years or more hands-on working experience in design and development of motion control systems, robotics, customized automation
- Rich experience in system analysis/ modeling/ design, and automatic control fundamentals in classical and modern control methodologies (e.g., adaptive control/ robust control/ optimal control, etc.) and in development with robot arm, AGVs and multi-sensors integration
- Experience in collaborative robotics system development is preferred
- Coding skills across multiple platforms using various tools/languages including ROS Robot Operation System, Python, C++, KRL, ladder logic, etc., and other related software toolkits.
- Good understanding and/or knowledge of automatic control system and robotics applications, experience with different fieldbus architectures such as Ethernet/IP, and Profient
- Good writing, presentation, communication and analytical skills
- Passionate, mature, self-motivated, and able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Good command of both spoken and written English, Chinese (including Putonghua) preferred
- Applicants may be considered for other positions (e.g., Engineer, Robotics and Intelligent Systems) if not matching all the requirements of the subject position
Flair will take into consideration both the quantitative and qualitative requirements of the post when selecting the suitable candidates. A competitive salary package commensurate with academic qualifications and experience will be offered. The successful candidates will be employed on a fixed-term contract basis, which is renewable subject to appointee’s performance and the Council’s development needs.
Applicants should send application, together with a detailed resume, current and expected salary and contact telephone number by email via "Apply Now" (quoting the reference number on the subject heading)within one week.
Applications not quoting reference number will lead to late processing.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only. Candidates not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be disposed by Flair within 12 months.