Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational
and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
In this role, you will
- Demonstrate a deep, hands on knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques
- Be responsible for translating detailed designs into robust, scalable and reusable solutions that deliver exceptional user experience driven by the product teams
- Familiar with a couple of different languages, and well versed in at least one
- Use the latest back end technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently
- Keen to collaborate with others, and you will give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
- Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
- Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
- We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
- Be able to demonstrate you can lead, motivate, mentor and coach teams of Engineers
- Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Solid awareness of back end application architectures
- Building back end applications consists of interconnecting microservices
- Java 8, Spring Boot, Maven, Netflix OSS
- Test automation development utilising JUnit, WireMock, Mockito
- Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
- Solid understanding of Internet security and cryptography
- Comfortable with peer review of code
- CI,CD, tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, SonarQube, Nexus
- Agile Tooling such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Application Monitoring using Splunk, AppDynamics
- Spring Boot and Tomcat
- PaaS or IaaS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Mule API gateway
- DevOps processes and experience
- Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery and the principles and practices of BDD, ATDD and TDD
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX, XP
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We
take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in
accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited