The offshore associate will support: a bulge-bracket international investment bank’s equity research team with Utilities Sector specific focus on sub-sectors: Nuclear, Wind, Solar, Hydro, Thermal.Responsibilities include:
• Gathering and analyzing financial data on covered companies under Utilities Sector from a variety of sources, including company reports, the internet, online databases and proprietary databases e.g. WIND, Bloomberg, etc.
• Updating and maintaining industry/sector databases using proprietary databases and the internet research (industry association websites, govt. websites, third-party industry data providers, etc.)
• Working on daily/ weekly/ monthly news highlights and reports (updating key charts/graphs, preparing news summary and insights)
• Performing research on companies with significant price movement, try to get key news/events leading to this movement, call company IR, if required, etc.
• Follow the earning calendar of the companies, listen and summarize earnings conference calls, and update the financial models and reports accordingly
• Building, maintaining and analyzing financial models of companies in the given industry/sector but for different markets e.g. A-share, H-share, TW, etc. Additionally, doing earnings adjustments, etc. and helping client team with publishing models.
• Writing factual sections and update content (text, tables and charts) for company and industry reports
• Helping client team on some basic admin tasks related to updating client contact details and NDR requestsSkill Set Required
• Bachelors/Masters with a major of accounting, finance or investment analysis related
• Excellent understanding of finance and accounting (financial statements, its inter-linkages, ratios, etc.)
• Excellent financial modeling and valuation skills
• Knowledge in Bloomberg, CEIC, Wind
• High attention to details
• Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese skills; should be able to express thoughts in a logical and clear manner
• 2 years+ sell-side equity research experience, Utilities sector preferred
• Needs to have positive mindset, able to take complete ownership and responsibility for allocated work, willing to accept challenges, self-motivator and should have strong passion for equity research, and learning and growth