Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of
finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Senior Finance Manager, Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
In this role, you will
- Assurenet ownership of balance sheet and off balance sheet account combinations mainly related to sub ledger fed accounts.
- Collection, consolidation, assurance, editing and submission of the Accounting Reconciliations Control Certificate for Asset Management Hong Kong to HSBC Hong Kong Control.
- Oversight of nostro reconciliations quality and issue resolution, and reporting of nostros dashboard to the CFO, Asset Management Hong Kong.
- The process for second line of defense quality assurance reviews of non Finance owned Balance Sheet and Off Balance Sheet accounts.
- Oversight of the process to assign orphan accounts within Assurenet and subsequent monitoring and control over Assurenet account reconciliation sign off.
- Management responsibility of two in country staff members, as well as oversight of the work produced by a supporting off shore team based in Gurgaon.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Accounting qualification with strong IFRS and accounting knowledge.
- Solid experience in the Banking industry.
- Experience of working in Hong Kong in a large and global organisation.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken.
- Ability to multitask and have strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to plan multiple activities and inputs.
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative and be a forward thinker.
- Team leader and able to inspire and motivate others to be at their best.
- Knowledge of core HSBC systems and have strong Excel skills.
- Excellent diversity values and should actively seek and encourage people with different backgrounds, perspectives and cultures to work respectfully together.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional
development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited