Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Legal plays an important role in protecting the Group’s reputation by helping to future-proof the
organisation through robust legal risk and issue advisory. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all global businesses and functions, the team offers a diverse range of legal skills, jurisdictional experience and practice
specialisms across all countries and territories in which our businesses operate.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Senior Legal Counsel.
In this role, you will
- Reports to the Associate General Counsel with responsibility for litigations and regulatory investigation for Asia Pacific region. The jobholder will also work closely with
Associate General Counsel, Internal Investigation Asia Pacific and the team.
- Expected to manage legal risk in accordance with established policies and procedures. The diversity of HSBC's business, its geographic spread and the constant changes internally
and externally means the diversity of matters which the jobholder is required to manage and advise on is very wide
- Understanding of the structure of the HSBC Group and its culture and the ability to handle increasingly complex legal issues.
- Establish close mutually supportive working relationships with other members of the Legal team and the Global Legal Function.
- Works under supervision of more senior lawyers, but will work independently on routine matters
- Provide counsel and legal support on all relevant aspects in the internal investigation sphere relating to the Banks business
- Ensure legal management is fully briefed on major issues arising in relevant business area and major legislative changes in area of expertise
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Lawyer
- Knowledge and experience in banking or financial crime related internal investigation is essential preferably with Hong Kong or common law jurisdiction experience.
- Experience in contentious regulatory matters is an advantage.
- Chinese speaking and writing ability is preferred.
- Wide knowledge and experience of banking, corporate and securities law concepts and a working knowledge of the laws in the major jurisdictions in which HSBC operates.
- Corporate experience and Compliance experience an advantage, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the HSBC Group corporate structures, its business and personnel and a clear understanding of HSBC's corporate culture.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We
take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in
accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited