Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you will continue to be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, remember how diversity drives success right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager Data and Analytics.
In this role, you will
- Embed outcomes of business analytics and data science to optimize Retail Banking and Wealth Management business decisions and activities such as acquisition, cross sell and win-back to deliver business objectives.
- Inject data products that transform customer, staff experiences and or business decision processes, by leveraging advanced data and analytics capabilities.
- Transform data into self-serve information, intuitive for consumption by business recipients.
- Design and develop relevant analytic solutions or data products in alignment with Retail Banking and Wealth Management strategies to enhance operational effectiveness
- Unleash the potential of data and analytics solutions to optimize business opportunities leveraging the current and future capabilities
- Lead the innovation and development activities of data and analytics across Data, self-serve information, artificial intelligence or machine learning, and data products.
- Collaborate across all Tribes to embed data-driven insights and business decisions.
- Collaborate across Disciplines to drive skills development of our team.
- Actively participate and enable key initiatives from global and regional Data and Analytics leadership
- Develop and manage industrialized processes to serve business analytics, data science and data products.
- Explore and adopt tools to optimize resource versus activities.
- Upgrade skills of colleagues to effectively commercialize the tools and industrial processes.
- Align governance and controls towards Group's standards in a progressive approach.
- Champion team work across onshore and offshore units, mentor junior members.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Extensive experience in one or multiple skills in data analytics or data science in the financial or digital domains.
- Similar experience in analytics consulting or similar experience with UI or UX designs relating to self-serve dashboards.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communicator, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in forming advisory relationships with senior managers.
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter. Strive for change and able to lead and mentor junior members;
- Strong team player, able to work members of different skills and experiences. Comfortable to operate in a complex matrix structure with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven experience in one or more of, customer segmentation, digital marketing, data science, portfolio analytics, use of open-source data in analyses.
- Experience on Agile methods, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Pair programming
- Proven experience in process and analysis of large amount of data using one of, Python, R, SQL or SAS, on environments such as AWS, Google cloud or Hadoop.
- Proven experience with Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning algorithms, hands-on use of DataRobot, Tensorflow or Sagemaker
- Demonstrated experience at operations of data science outputs at cloud, CI or CD tools such as Git, Github, Jenkins, Nexus.
- Previous experience with Agile tools, Jira, Confluence, SLACK.
- Relevant degree in a one of these preferred disciplines, mathematics, computer science, data engineering, data science, analytics, statistics, econometrics, management information system, operations research.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CG1B
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited