- Managing and overseeing the completion of audit projects (e.g., core assurance audits, Sarbanes Oxley 302 & 404 compliance activities, special investigations, ad-hoc projects, etc.) within assigned region/responsibility and ensures support provided by other audit teams is coordinated and covers the appropriate risk
- Assisting the Internal Audit Directors in assessing key business risks and controls and in developing risk based audit plans, which are responsive to audit priorities and emerging risk activities
- Evaluating the adequacy of the internal control environment within select company business operations. Communicating audit findings and recommendations to improve the overall effectiveness of the company’s internal controls to business unit management. The Audit Senior Manager is also primarily responsible for the overall assessment of audit findings and positioning of audit reports and other communications related to the condition/adequacy of the company’s control environment
- Providing leadership and guidance to managers and staff, fostering an environment that encourages participation, teamwork and communication. Providing the necessary supervision, coaching and training as well as regular performance feedback
- Providing a first or second level review and approval of work paper documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed and satisfies audit objectives
- Managing and overseeing the status of management corrective action plans to ensure that significant process and control issues have been remediated and updating key stakeholders and senior leadership. The Audit Senior Manager is also responsible for providing insights to the updating of the various management reports sent to executive management and the Audit Committee regarding the status of open control matters
- As required, building relationships with the external auditors throughout their interim and annual reviews of the company
- As assigned, assisting the Internal Audit leadership team on department/corporate-wide initiatives and ad-hoc special projects, as well as supporting other audit offices
- Developing a strong knowledge base and level of expertise in the operations of assigned lines of business or functional areas
- As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location
- Degree holder in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines with recognized accounting or auditing professional qualifications (e.g. CPA/ Chartered Accountant/ Certified Internal Auditor) preferred
- Minimum 10 years audit experience gained from Big Four and/ or multi-national corporations, financial institutions, including 4-6 years of audit manager experience.
- Experience in the insurance brokerage, the reinsurance and the consulting industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as accounting methods, principles and practices
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills in being flexible, creative, team-oriented and results-driven.
We offer attractive remuneration and fringe benefits. Interested parties please send your full resume with current salary and expected salary by clicking "Apply Now" to submit your application, or post to Assistant Manager, Talent Acquisition, Aon Hong Kong Limited, 39/F Tower 1, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, for interview.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.