The Sr. Manager of Replenishment & Allocation (R&A) is responsible for all aspects of live inventory flow from the global warehouses to the stores
for multiple categories of product. The Sr. Manager R&A will build strong relationships with Corporate Merchant and Planning teams, Division OCD, Warehouse and Store teams, and will act in place of the VP when there are
meeting or out of the office conflicts. The Sr. Manager will act as one of the primary leaders within the R&A organization alongside the VP Global R&A in order to create synergy and cohesiveness across the R&A Team. This position ensures alignment with overall
goals and strategies in accordance with the VP Global R&A vision & objectives.
- Deliver category sales, gross margin and turnover performance to plan.
- Work with Merchant and Planning partners to monitor overall inventory levels by store to plan and forecast.
- Actively participate in Category OTB reviews and present replenishment strategies accordingly.
- Identify and evaluate sales opportunities at the store level.
- Work closely with VP of Global R&A, Merchant, Planning and Store management teams to achieve financial plans.
Inventory Management within DFS Network
- Establish and continuously improve replenishment strategy for key item, key brand/class, and key location focus for specific Category.
- Establish and continuously improve replenishment and allocation plan by understanding location parameters inclusive of: seasonality, holiday
peaks, promotions, regulatory requirements, and warehouse to store lead-times, custom closures and store inventory holding capacity.
- Lead R&A team to execute inventory investment by store
based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales, profit and inventory performance.
- Partner with Planning Directors and VPs to ensure markdown & liquidation strategy is properly executed in store and drive Seasonal Conversion
- Ensure all inventory targets are met, including turnover, currency and style/SKU counts.
- Review and manage replenishment parameters at a store level which includes Lead-times, Order Cycles, Service Levels, shipping schedules and
Mode of Transportation.
- Manage all supply chain service relationships by working with warehouse managers and merchant partners for specific Categories.
- Work with the Vice President, Global R&A and IT on system enhancements.
Division/Cross Functional Partner Relations
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Managing Directors, GMs, OCD, VP Global Supply Chain, and Warehouse Directors.
- Drive decision-making and problem solving on inventory issues at the warehouse and store level.
- Responsible for onboarding training of GMs, AGMs, and OCD
- Ensure team results, relationships and processes are aligned with DFS mission and values.
- Ensure efficiency, effectiveness and improvements of merchandising work processes.
- Demonstrate ability to lead multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously as R&A representative.
- Accomplish objectives across the organization by exhibiting a competent skill set relating to organizational agility, leadership presence,
conflict management, and influence in order to achieve goals.
- Ability to execute strategic alignment at a detailed-level.
- Consistently demonstrate leadership composure & presence and deliver effective communication aligned to processes & protocols in all circumstances.
- Effectively communicate & present project updates and progress to VP Global R&A, Sr. Management on behalf of Merchandising.
- Continuously improve and drive various process improvement initiatives to provide structure and improve efficiency within R&A Team, Merchandising
- Drive change management and process to support new ways of working.
- Contribute innovative ideas to maximize business opportunities.
- Promote R&A Team cohesiveness across Pillars of responsibility to ensure consistency in Leadership and approach.
- Lead and participate in various DFS projects, providing Supply Chain perspective and advocating on behalf of R&A/Logistics/Warehouse/Regulatory
- Develop & manage Opening/Closing project timelines, Project Charters, Business Requirement Documents, and other documents necessary to facilitate
- Lead Merchandising Project calls for store openings/closings/renovations, ensuring entire Global Merchandising Team remains on timeline.
- Contribute to the ideation, development, integration, and execution of new systems, processes and technologies while developing new ways
of working to support transformation.
- Integrate new tools into the day-to-day process establishing best practices, specifically as it relates to partnership with Merchant/Planning Teams and allocation methodology
- Identify, recruit, and develop their teams in R&A.
- Encourage and support the development of our talented people. Offer honest and constructive feedback to direct reports and business partners
fostering individual and group development.
- Continuously stretch the team to perform at higher level keeping each team member focused on the business strategy, plan and opportunities.
- Provide opportunities of engagement, interaction & development with junior members of the Team to build further confidence with Sr. Management.
- Manage the overall performance of all team members, developing and recognizing the top talent and addressing the performance of team members
with developmental areas.
- Develop succession plans in order to minimize impact of departures across the R&A organization.
- Support and encourage cross-functional movement within the organization.
- College or University Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 4 Years management experience in Planning/Replenishment with multiple direct reports
- Merchandising analysis and Systems knowledge
- Comfortable and agile in ambiguous environments
- Aptitude for managing multiple priorities
- Ability to mobilize & influence cross-functional teams with no direct-line reporting authority
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a variety of organizational levels
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Process/Project Management
- Drive For Results
- Developing Direct Reports
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Priority Setting
- Building Effective Teams