We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as
Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager, HSVM
Foster a positive culture of compliance by working proactively with the business line, global function, Operations, Business Risk and Control Management and other
compliance professionals to ensure that best practices are followed in accordance with the applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal policy
Follow prescribed issue escalation protocols, monitor business activities, and revise procedures
Serve as regulatory coordinators for a specific regulation
Advise and guide assurance teams within Regional and Global Business Compliance teams on all Regulatory Compliance matters; assist and help promote the development
and effectiveness of the regional / country / global business assurance team activity
Support the Group's Regulatory Compliance strategy by identifying, informing and advising Senior Management of any developing issues and trends that may impact or
be relevant to the Group's management as appropriate of Regulatory Compliance risk
Carry out impact analysis and advice on regulatory change; drive co-ordination and execution of the various Regulatory Compliance change work streams and embed Operating
Model changes while ensuring alignment with Global Standards
Establish management and administrative procedures and processes for HSVM to ensure adherence to policies and manage operational risk
- University degree or professional qualification in Law / Finance / Accounting / Business with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in regulatory compliance function
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy
in the language of business
- Ability to develop practical and cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
- Ability to lead change in Hang Seng Bank / HSVM, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally.
provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant
concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and
such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.