United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.In 1935, amid the economic uncertainties following the Great Depression, UOB opened its doors to offer banking services for the merchant community in Singapore.Since then, UOB has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions. Today, UOB is rated among the world’s top banks: ‘Aa1’ by Moody’s and ‘AA-’ by Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings.
- United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
- Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
- Expand existing client relationships and on-board new clients
- Promote banking products – deposits (especially CASA ), CAPEX loan, trade/ working capital finance, factoring, supply chain financing, equipment finance, DCM, treasury products (such as leverage forward, CCS/ IRS) with top quality services
- Work closely with team head and peers (including UOB China (UOBC) especially Pearl River Delta (PRD) Branches) to strategize business plans and ensure good collaboration between UOBHK and PRD Branches
- Able to drive the commercial banking business by increasing number of accounts, loan & deposit balance (especially CASA) & other fees based products
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaisons to understand the client’s latest banking needs and credit standings
- Structure the banking facilities and prepare credit proposal
- Conduct annual review of credit facilities timely.
- Increase the collaboration with UOBC PRD teams and promote cross referral between HK & UOB China
- Work harmoniously and cohesively within teams and other counter-parties
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or related discipline
- 8 - 15 years client coverage experience in commercial banking sector, mid-caps and large SMEs with excellence sales track record in Hong Kong and Pearl River Delta Region
- Licensing Requirements: HKMA Type 1 & 4 is mandatory; HKFI is preferable
- Sound credit and business knowledge in commercial banking space and relevant client / industrial knowledge
- Strong communication skills with good spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Strong analytical and presentations skills
- Able and willing to work with peers to achieve common objectives
- Self-motivated, result driven and customer oriented
- Less experienced candidates will be considered as Relationship Manager
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.Apply now and make a difference.