Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range
of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly.
Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Senior Sanctions Manager Asia Pacific Hong Kong.
In this role, you will
- Provides functional management and oversight of Country Sanctions.
- Communicate and oversee the implementation and full adherence to Policy within Region. This includes, but is not limited to the review of related Sanctions Guidance and Operating
Procedures. Ensure Sanctions related Regional FCC procedures, guidance and fully aligned to the Global Sanctions Policy, up to date, accurate, and embedded within Region
- Responsible for understanding, managing and effectively responding to Policy deviations and potential breaches across the Region and provide oversight to Country Policy deviations
- Identify and oversee Regional compliance with Policy, Global Sanctions regulatory changes and Country level compliance with local regulatory changes
- Provide oversight and support to the creation of Country supplements where required
- Provide oversight to the process to review related Sanctions Guidance and operating procedures within the Region to ensure compliance
- Manage the identification and preparation of licensing requests at Country level, providing support as necessary
- Provide and maintain intrusive scrutiny for all Sanctions policy events pertaining to Region.
- Assists Country Sanctions in the development of remedial action plans to mitigate the risk of further Policy events occurring.
- Monitors, reviews and challenges the Sanctions Management Information provided by Country Sanctions and ensure key stakeholders are engaged in terms of the enhancement on
Sanctions Management Information in accordance with the Global Sanctions' guidance.
- Managing, identifying, mitigating and escalating Sanctions risk within Region in relation to issue management and overseeing the significant high risk material issues arising
from Countries in a proactive and continuous manner.
- Maintain oversight of Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment exercise within Region
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Seasoned risk professional with experience in Sanctions and project governance and oversight
- Good understanding of Global Business Line, its strategy and business drivers
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of English language skills
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience in leading assurance work in a complementary discipline such as Audit would be an advantage
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000D01Z
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional
development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited