Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of
finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as
Senior Sarbanes Oxley.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with stakeholders including CFO, COO, Global Businesses management, Global Functions and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology heads, internal and external
auditors to ensure robust internal control environment.
- Lead SOX team and oversee SOX governance to ensure internal control standards are SOX compliant.
- Set internal control policies and standards and ensure adherence by core banking businesses and their operations through ongoing collaboration and oversight.
- Engage with Global Businesses, Global Functions and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology to identify key controls for risk mitigation within their processes and operations.
- Manage and work with internal and external auditors.
- Conduct SOX Assurance Reviews in Hong Kong and Asia Pacific countries to ensure adequate internal controls are maintained and operating effectively.
- Review and challenge internal control issues, identify material or common themes.
- Develop practical and cost effective recommendations for remediation.
- Manage Internal Control Certification sign off process and present summaries on internal controls matters to the SOX Governance meetings.
- Prepare Audit Committee and Executive Committee paper on internal controls findings.
- Provide trainings and support to Asia Pacific Region including Global Businesses, Global Functions and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology on internal control matters.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Experienced accounting professional in audit or internal control roles in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act 404, COSO 2013 Framework and HSBC Operational Risk Management Framework.
- Knowledge of the HSBC Group structure, its business, operations and personnel.
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and articulate complex issues, and provide practical recommendations for remediation.
- Good leadership skills, excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead change, contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology and Businesses within Region.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CR3V
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional
development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited