We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer specialized in .NET for our Hong Kong Delivery Center to make the team stronger.
• Value the individuals – We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success.
• Strive for excellence – We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments.
• Act as a team – We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity.
• Focus on Customers – We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs.
• Act with integrity – We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
• Unique opportunity to work for challenging projects in a multinational team
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Regular assessments and salary reviews
• Free English classes and unlimited self-service training
• Opportunities for self-realization
• Friendly team and creative atmosphere
• Flexible working schedule
• Corporate and social events
• Play key developer and software architect roles, and usually also roles of a development team lead, project coordinator, reviewer or auditor
• Be a role model for colleagues, e.g. create deliverables and technical documentation in high quality
• Understand, follow and enhance defined software development process and introduce engineering practices
• Provide input on, follow and evangelize code quality guidelines and standards
• Review and audit design solutions
• Conduct code reviews and highlight best of breed solutions
• Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues, review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation
• Communicate directly with architects on customer’s side
• Communicate with customer on regular basis to clarify business requirements
• Participate workshops and presentation of the proposed solution to customers
• Run demo and education sessions for customer
• Drive full-cycle of application development using Agile approach:
o Idea generation and high-level vision creation
o Solution design and documenting, proposal
o Development, Testing, and Production launch
• Be a member of cross-functional teams that experiment with new technology and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace
• Coordinate your work with other developers to deliver first-class technology solutions in a positive, fun, yet challenging and deadline driven environment
• Work closely with internal and external product and technology teams to bring technology solutions and perspectives to the product development process
• Proven experience in evaluating theoretical knowledge vs. practical (on-the-job) skills and seniority level of candidates as well as actionable feedback and recommendations on positions/projects matching
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience, including UML, Modeling and Design skills, and expert knowledge of at least one technical area
• Advanced knowledge on C#, LINQ, Entity Framework, ASP. NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, IIS, SQL Server 2012/2016
• Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins or TeamCity), automated deployment (e.g. Octopus Deploy), and source control tools (Git, TFS, SVN)
• Good hands on experience in using various utilities, such as Grunt / MSBuild / Bower / NuGet / WIX
• Experienced with Agile development
• Ability to provide technical solutions from an architect perspective
• Ability to provide realistic estimation on required effort and manage to complete tasks in accordance to estimation
• Be self-managing and work without supervision
• Good communication skills
• Upper intermediate (CEFR B2) or higher level of spoken and written English
• Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors
• Advanced knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases
• Experience in designing and building APIs, integrating with modern-web applications (e.g. AngularJS, ReactJS)
• Working experience in global environment where colleagues, stakeholders and onsite client team locate in different locations, be able to cope with culture and time zone differences
• Experience in mentoring juniors or less senior colleagues on the project(s)
• Experience in conducting trainings or technical tech talks in the area of expertise
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM), has leveraged its core engineering expertise to become a leading global product development and digital platform engineering services company. Through its ‘Engineering DNA’ and innovative strategy, consulting, and design capabilities, EPAM works in collaboration with its customers to deliver innovative solutions that turn complex business challenges into real business opportunities. EPAM’s global teams serve customers in over 25 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
For more information, please visit www.epam.com.