A Leading EU Brand with decades of history in the market. It is a global brand with good reputation in the market. Due to the business expansion, they are now setting up a new Technical Design/ Fitting team in Hong Kong. They are looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join their team.
- Work closely with the Asia technical design team to understand the fit, aesthetics and design intent then be able to translate this to the HQ
- Manage the suppliers adherence to product time/action calendars.
- Communicate deviations from calendar, facilitate solutions and resolve issues regionally.
- Attend pre-production meetings, conduct inline inspections and pre 3rd party inspections.
- Specialist technical projects to enhance product and execution i.e. furrier machine, printing techniques, embroidery techniques.
- Review incoming tech packs with suppliers to answer questions and resolve issues/discrepancies.
- Review fit comments with suppliers to ensure clear understanding and accurate execution.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- 8+ years' experience in apparel industry with a concentration in design, garment engineering, fit, pattern and draping skills, garment construction and manufacturing.
- Excellent co-ordination and strong communication skills in written and oral English.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese (Must) & Mandarin.
- Good connections and relationships with sample rooms, patternmakers, trim resources, factories.
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-cultural team environment
- Excellent communication skills.