Job SummaryThis role involves underwriting cases across the allocated geographical remit of the Hong Kong International Broker portfolio, within the agreed processes and risk appetite to achieve business development and retention targets. You will spend the majority of your time delivering underwriting decisions, contributing to business development activities and liaising with customers. You will deal with customers, brokers, network partners and third parties, working with other colleagues and as part of a team.
- Reviewing allocated cases and delivering underwriting decisions, following agreed processes at the designated authority level in order to secure profitable business within the agreed risk appetite
- Be a referral point for junior staff members and contribute to peer review processes as required, to support and enable the maintenance of an effective control environment
- Providing advice and guidance to the production of new policy wordings or reviews of existing policy wordings to ensure policy documentation is current and accurate.
- Identifying, recommending and leading or contributing to the development and exploitation of marketing activities and product development initiatives, to increase penetration of existing customers and /or expand the business mix.
- Proactively identifying and pursuing up-selling (add-ons) and cross-selling opportunities to maximise profitable revenue potential from new and renewal business, and achieve agreed business targets.
- Managing customer interactions in an efficient, courteous and timely manner in order to deliver high standards of customer satisfaction.
- Providing expert advice, guidance and coaching to less qualified and/or experienced colleagues, to address technical referrals and raise standards and expertise across the technical community.
- Involved in ad-hoc projects when required
- 5-10 years relevant multi-line General Insurance underwriting experience
- Established network and rapport within local GI distribution network
- Ability to contribute technically to development of juniors, and portfolio growth
- Strong analytical, relationship management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and business development skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and ability to handle challenges
- Professional industry qualifications / accreditations preferred
About Allied World
All information collected from applicants will be kept in accordance with Allied World Assurance Company, Ltd ‘s (Hong Kong branch) privacy and security policy.
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, GmbH, through its subsidiaries, is a global provider of insurance and reinsurance solutions. We operate under the brand Allied World and have supported clients, cedents and trading partners with thoughtful service and meaningful coverages since 2001. We are a subsidiary of Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited, and we benefit from a worldwide network of affiliated entities that allow us to think and respond in non-traditional ways. Our capital base is strong, our solutions anticipate rather than react to changing trends, and our teams are focused on establishing long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial.
We have over 1,400 employees in offices across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Allied World is an equal opportunity employer. Subject to applicable law, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex,age, disability, military service, marital or civil partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or regulation in the relevant jurisdiction where we operate.
Learn more about Allied World by visiting: Web: www.awac.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/alliedworld | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/allied-world