Digitalization is rapidly changing how we live, work and travel in cities. Faced with the challenges of growing cities and tightening budgets, more and more cities are innovating to evolve their services, make their infrastructure work harder and engage with their communities.
Through digitalization and technology we can transform our city. There are opportunities to grow our economies, how to provide a better quality of life and to enhance our environment. Smart cities, underpinned by good infrastructure connected with sensors and systems, data collection and analytics are opening completely new ways to even smarter digitally enhanced cities.
We are looking for professional people who want to work on these challenges.
- Identify technological innovations in distributed control systems that enable the integration of today's automation systems with appropriate Web technologies.
- Participate in advancing the Internet of Things in expert research and standardization communities across industry platform leaders, startups, and universities.
- Work independently or in a mixed team on pilot design, software implementations and integration.
- Provide input to help set up and execute a strategy for the outreach to Siemens Business Units and further development of identified approaches, leading to technology migration and projects to contribute to Siemens business growth.
- Identify, design and implementation of a pilot approach for the integration of the control systems with Web-based applications to the Siemens control systems.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and background information updates for the offer and contract
- Conduct technical presentations and demonstration
- Supporting marketing activities such as trade shows and conferences
- Provide support on the design of custom-made service products or solutions
- During proposal or bid preparation, develops/analyzes plans, contract specifications and/or other site and Customer information determining contract requirements (scope, solution, costs, risks/opportunities) supporting clarification of Customer inquiries.
- Make recommendation to improve operation
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required.
- Experience in implementation of communication stacks for Web and Internet of Things (IoT).
- 3 years of professional hands-on experience in software development and advanced Web technologies
- Active involvement in open source communities (ideally Web or IoT projects).
- Experience in combining interdisciplinary technologies for emerging applications.
- Ability and motivation to learn and use new technologies.
- Capable of multitasking and leading/contributing to several parallel running projects.
- Ideally the individual have experience in one of the following discipline road, railway, building or power automation
- Individual with less experience or satisfactory profile will be considered as Software Developer/Software Engineer
- Familiar with cloud computing, data analytics tools and data mining algorithms. Knowledge in algorithms libraries such as Scikit-learn Tensor flow is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills in English.
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please send your full resume with expected salary in your application by clicking "Apply Now" or by fax to (852) 2583-3328 or by mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
10/F. Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,
223-231 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 1 year.