Software engineer responsible for developing IoT smart cities solutions
Your new company
My client is one of the most successful technology powerhouse in Hong Kong. Due to expansion , they are looking for a software engineer to develop IoT solutions for their clients.
Your new role
- Identify technological innovations in distributed control systems that enable the integration of today's automation systems with appropriate Web technologies.
- Participate in advancing the Internet of Things in expert research and standardization communities across industry platform leaders, startups, and universities.
- Work independently or in a mixed team on pilot design, software implementations and integration.
- Provide input to help set up and execute a strategy for the outreach to Siemens Business Units and further development of identified approaches, leading to technology migration and projects to contribute to Siemens business growth.
- Identify, design and implementation of a pilot approach for the integration of the control systems with Web-based applications to the Siemens control systems.
- Conduct technical presentations and demonstration
- Provide support on the design of custom-made service products or solutions
- During proposal or bid preparation, develops/analyzes plans, contract specifications and/or other site and Customer information determining contract requirements (scope, solution, costs, risks/opportunities) supporting clarification of Customer inquiries.
- Make recommendation to improve operation
What you'll need to succeed
- Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required.
- Experience in implementation of communication stacks for Web and Internet of Things (IoT).
- 3 years of professional hands-on experience in software development and advanced Web technologies
- Active involvement in open source communities (ideally Web or IoT projects).
- Experience in combining interdisciplinary technologies for emerging applications.
- Ability and motivation to learn and use new technologies.
- Capable of multitasking and leading/contributing to several parallel running projects.
- Ideally the individual have experience in one of the following discipline road, railway, building or power automation
- Individual with less experience or satisfactory profile will be considered as Software Developer
- Familiar with cloud computing, data analytics tools and data mining algorithms. Knowledge in algorithms libraries such as Scikit-learn Tensor flow is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills in English.
What you'll get in return
Successful candidate will receive a x12 months salary package with discretionary bonus. Also, you will be able to work on the latest technologies available in the market.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or send your CV to [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.